HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
May 18, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #346 of 1,779

It'll be that much sweeter when they get to you though!
Quote:

Yeah? Last time I got DHL and it was EASY. This time I have FedEx and it's a freaking pain!

No, I live in Utah. She just said it was on route to Alaska. I checked tracking and it said it's supposed to be delivered Tuesday of next week, but it will probably be delayed now...

May 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #347 of 1,779
I'm just wondering about the total invoice. Is that the amount of fees I have to pay? If so, I wouldn't have bought these!
mad.gif

May 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #349 of 1,779
Refuse them and get a refund at that point. If they do that with me that's what I'll be doing. Can't afford that extra bit, especially if I'm going to get my fiancee the anniversary gift I want to get her.

Quote:
I'm just wondering about the total invoice. Is that the amount of fees I have to pay? If so, I wouldn't have bought these!
mad.gif

May 18, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #351 of 1,779
I'm just wondering why in the heck they ship mine via FedEx with a crap load of customs I have no clue how to do and also include a freakin ridiculous fine, all the while other users had theirs shipped pain-free via DHL?

May 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #352 of 1,779
The Social Security information is what seems the most off about this. Send an email and get your answers.

Quote:
I'm just wondering why in the heck they ship mine via FedEx with a crap load of customs I have no clue how to do and also include a freakin ridiculous fine, all the while other users had theirs shipped pain-free via DHL?

May 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #353 of 1,779
heafonia review suggests LCD-2 can keep better pace than HE-500/6, if this is true (even slightly) then HE are not good for metal IMO.  A lot of people tend to call orthos fast, and yet they consistently tend to call dynamics faster (like hd800)

IMO metal needs very fast headphone to keep up, and with smooth highs to make some recordings listenable, and to save your hearing if you listen at loud levels.  

Personally I think LCD-2 only just keeps up with some music - to me it sounds like there is a little bass overhang even when driven balanced from an amp capable of 4 watts, and which sounds pretty damn fast with grado (if too bright)

Whether you get this cooler treble from an amp or a headphone seems to vary between people.  But personally I don't wish to recreate the terrible production lots of bands use as it hurts my ears literally.

May 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #356 of 1,779
Almost all Chinese companies ships internationally via Dhl. Fedex is very expansive. And thy never put full price on the invoice. Maybe just 200 or 300. Why would you be asked to pay another 200 tax? Something is not right. Don't do it now I would say. He-500 is good, but not good enough to get ripped off by someone.

May 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #357 of 1,779
Quote:
Katun, I know how you feel. As said I paid over about 250 and I question if it was worth it(even though i knew it I kinda repressed it. I don't know if DHL would make a difference.

But the thing that bugs me is I'm in the US, and I bought from them before. Previously I had no problems, I filled nothing out, and I paid NO fines. Why is it different now?

May 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #358 of 1,779
1 of the 4 documents she sent me was my invoice. Down a little way it has a table that says: (It's horizontal not vertical)

NO OF PACKAGES

DESCRIPTION OF GOODS
HE-500 Headphones

PCS
(blank)

WEIGHT (KG)
3 89

UNIT VALUE (USD)
USD 200 00

TOTAL VALUE (USD)
USD 200 00

TOTAL INVOICE VALUE
200 USD

May 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #360 of 1,779
Quote:
heafonia review suggests LCD-2 can keep better pace than HE-500/6, if this is true (even slightly) then HE are not good for metal IMO.  A lot of people tend to call orthos fast, and yet they consistently tend to call dynamics faster (like hd800)

The HD800 is the only dynamic I've ever heard that plays in that league of speed.  Its a step up from any other dynamic.

That said, I fond the HD800s bad for most metal because of their soundstage.  Its always huge whether or not the recording calls for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back