Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
May 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #172 of 666
I just had an idea, why doesnt hifiman make an amp which uses the switchable amp-board of hm901s? This would be great for those of us who want the amp sound of those cards. 

May 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #173 of 666
Is there any internal storage, or is it completely dependent on the SDXC card?

May 29, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #175 of 666
I got my HM-901s this morning. In short I am blown away by it. I have been listening for the last few hours using my Audeze LCD-XC. 

When you listen to music and then just put the player down, sit back and let the music just do its thing you know something great is happening.

Its my first Hifiman player and my only complaint is the software. Unless I am missing something there is no easy way to add songs to the current playlist, create on the fly playlists, go to the current playing song, navigating long lists of artists or albums. you just spin the little wheel as fast as you can until you get to the next song you want to listen to, wait until the current one is over and click to play the next one. painful....

regardless, once the music is playing its truly a worthy experience.

May 29, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #178 of 666
  Congrats, what card do you have? 

thanks! i took the balanced to begin with. so far i am extremely pleased. 

i compared it to using the lcd-xc with my OPPO HA-1/Mac Mini combination and an ipod classic/Theorem 720 and its absolutely incredible. i love the OPPO HA-1 and the 901s sucked me into a couple of unplanned hours of listening to music i havent touched in a while. 

its hard for me to use terms like spaciousness and depth differences to describe and differentiate it. Basically the 901s/lcd-xc combination sounds warm and clear without any harshness. it sounds like the music itself is doing all the work.

it really is a stunning combination.

May 30, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #179 of 666
  I got my HM-901s this morning. In short I am blown away by it. I have been listening for the last few hours using my Audeze LCD-XC. 

When you listen to music and then just put the player down, sit back and let the music just do its thing you know something great is happening.

Its my first Hifiman player and my only complaint is the software. Unless I am missing something there is no easy way to add songs to the current playlist, create on the fly playlists, go to the current playing song, navigating long lists of artists or albums. you just spin the little wheel as fast as you can until you get to the next song you want to listen to, wait until the current one is over and click to play the next one. painful....

regardless, once the music is playing its truly a worthy experience.

Two important questions for me: Does gapless work and have they fixed the clicks and pops when selecting random tracks? I have the HM-650 and the UI is a hot mess, I can put up with that, but no gapless and the noise would be a deal breaker, given it would be triple the HM-650 price to upgrade.  

May 30, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #180 of 666

no, creating playlists on the device is not possible and its a big shortcoming. 

Agree completely with that. However, no HiFiMan DAP has ever been able to do that, so I am not surprised.
Sound quality for money has always been HiFiMan's strong point, but using the thing is not one of them ...
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back