Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #512 of 585
got a hm1000 hymalaya, sounds great, but even when it's paired through bluetooth the app doesn't detect it (using android), any suggestions? tried OTG, doesn't work.

I just need the ability to play local SD files

edit: local files on the Hm1k, not my phone.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #513 of 585
got a hm1000 hymalaya, sounds great, but even when it's paired through bluetooth the app doesn't detect it (using android), any suggestions? tried OTG, doesn't work.

I just need the ability to play local SD files

edit: local files on the Hm1k, not my phone.
The SD card has to be formatted as EXFAT if you have a SD card inserted. The hm1000 Hymalaya won't recognize for example FAT32 formatted SD card and the app won't be able to connect.

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #515 of 585
it is exfat, the hm1k isn't detected, the app says something along the lines of "sorry, but there is no hifiman device detected"
If i recall correctly, hm1000 is not supposed to be paired with your phone through bluetooth when establishing connection to the app. it detects hm1000 through bluetooth le.
when paired through bluetooth, it acts as bluetooth dac/amp.

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #516 of 585
it is exfat, the hm1k isn't detected, the app says something along the lines of "sorry, but there is no hifiman device detected"
Is the blue led blinking? That indicates that Bluetooth is on. You might have to download the Hifiman remote app from the hifiman.cn site. Last time I checked they only had an older version on the hifiman.com site. Maybe the older version doesn't work wit Hymalaya, I don't remember.
Also try to remove the SD card and then try to connect with the app.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #517 of 585
Is the blue led blinking? That indicates that Bluetooth is on. You might have to download the Hifiman remote app from the hifiman.cn site. Last time I checked they only had an older version on the hifiman.com site. Maybe the older version doesn't work wit Hymalaya, I don't remember.
Also try to remove the SD card and then try to connect with the app.
i cant find the app on hifiman cn nor com

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #518 of 585
i cant find the app on hifiman cn nor com
If you try on your phone you have to choose to view desktop site because the download page isn't visible on the phone optimized site version.

Click this link https://hifiman.cn/services
And then change to desktop site viewing in your browser.

There's a PC windows app included too which is for doing media scan on the SD card in your hm1000.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #519 of 585
If you try on your phone you have to choose to view desktop site because the download page isn't visible on the phone optimized site version.

Click this link https://hifiman.cn/services
And then change to desktop site viewing in your browser.

There's a PC windows app included too which is for doing media scan on the SD card in your hm1000.
I see!! thank you very much, this is a completely different app from the other one I had, I will update if I can get it working when I get home. If I do the hymalaya hm1k will most likely stay as it sounds seriously beautiful.

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #520 of 585
New app still doesn't detect it, tried upgrading it's firmware using the img file, not sure it updated

Tried using OTG, still didn't pick up on it

"bluetooth disconnected" is what it says

@povidlo tried bluetooth without my phone connected to the hm1k or without it remembering it and it just doesn't pick up on it at all, on the app if my hm1k is connected via bluetooth then atleast it finds the bluetooth address etc ( but still can't connect ) without it there's nothing

SD card is on exfat

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #521 of 585
New app still doesn't detect it, tried upgrading it's firmware using the img file, not sure it updated

Tried using OTG, still didn't pick up on it

"bluetooth disconnected" is what it says

@povidlo tried bluetooth without my phone connected to the hm1k or without it remembering it and it just doesn't pick up on it at all, on the app if my hm1k is connected via bluetooth then atleast it finds the bluetooth address etc ( but still can't connect ) without it there's nothing

SD card is on exfat
I'm confused about how you're trying to do this.

1 - is the blue led on hm1000 blinking?

2 - when you want to stream from your phone hm1000 must be connected in your phone Bluetooth settings.

3 - when you want to play music files on a SD card in hm1000 it should first be disconnected in your phone Bluetooth settings. Then the Hifiman remote app can connect to hm1000

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #522 of 585
I'm confused about how you're trying to do this.

1 - is the blue led on hm1000 blinking?

2 - when you want to stream from your phone hm1000 must be connected in your phone Bluetooth settings.

3 - when you want to play music files on a SD card in hm1000 it should first be disconnected in your phone Bluetooth settings. Then the Hifiman remote app can connect to hm1000
I tried both 2 and 3, the app just doesn't detect the hm1k no matter what.

as for 1 - blinking if the hm1k is disconnected, and on if it's connected

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #523 of 585
So i
I tried both 2 and 3, the app just doesn't detect the hm1k no matter what.

as for 1 - blinking if the hm1k is disconnected, and on if it's connected
So Bluetooth seems to work, but why isn't the Hifiman remote connecting. When the blue led is blinking the app should connect. If the SD card is formatted as EXFAT and has music files on it I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Do you have it connected through USB at the same time?

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #524 of 585
So i
So Bluetooth seems to work, but why isn't the Hifiman remote connecting. When the blue led is blinking the app should connect. If the SD card is formatted as EXFAT and has music files on it I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Do you have it connected through USB at the same time?
I tried all options, bluetooth without cable, with cable, just cable, blue dot, green dot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back