Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Sep 19, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #556 of 585
anyone was able to use SD card through the app with the hymalaya version? or using the normal burrbrown version with the pixel 6a? i'm trying to figure out if it's lack of support from the phone or the hymalaya version

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #557 of 585
anyone was able to use SD card through the app with the hymalaya version? or using the normal burrbrown version with the pixel 6a? i'm trying to figure out if it's lack of support from the phone or the hymalaya version
I asked my brother — yes, it can.

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #558 of 585
I asked my brother — yes, it can.
thank you, i forgot to update, after a long uphill battle of months going back and forth, the device suddenly decided to connect, getting to scan the sd card was another matter, but it got solved quickly, i still get randomly disconnected from the app from time to time but atleast i can use it as a source now :)

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #559 of 585
thank you, i forgot to update, after a long uphill battle of months going back and forth, the device suddenly decided to connect, getting to scan the sd card was another matter, but it got solved quickly, i still get randomly disconnected from the app from time to time but atleast i can use it as a source now :)
Play music on SD card smoothly

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpeg
    IMG_1820.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #560 of 585
Play music on SD card smoothly
Yes, but yours is not Hymalaya, it's 4x Burr Brown PCM 1704.

Please tell me, if you play album, it stops after last song as it should to work? I am asking because my Black 4x Burr Brown PCM 170 don't stops after finishing last song and start to play from frist song again.

Sep 20, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #561 of 585

Please tell me, if you play album, it stops after last song as it should to work? I am asking because my Black 4x Burr Brown PCM 170 don't stops after finishing last song and start to play from frist song again.
mine does that too. thankfully i prefer the wm1a sound wise so i will not have to deal with the bad software for much longer.

on the bright side, i'm selling my hm1000 hymalaya or trading it if anyone's interested :)

Sep 20, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #562 of 585

Because you choose "replay all" option in your phone player software.

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #564 of 585
Sorry, Hifiman fans, I'm deleting, too stupid to write in the right thread! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #565 of 585
Hello Shanling, any chance we could see a "H7" (or H7+++) with an R2R DAC in the future? I think your amps sound signature is really appreciated by many and the H7 is really a great product (functionality, transportable). I think with a Shanling flavour R2R DAC inside would be a big hit and Shanling would be the first and only on the market with a transportable R2R DAC/AMP.
Wrong thread i think haha

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #567 of 585
Just tested it right now — it's working. You should waiting till " 媒体库生成完成,请上传至服务器" message and than press generate QR code. My databases about 10 Mb big. Maybe your database is too big, try to reduce a quantity of files on SD card or test it with other SD card.

My brother have r2r2000 and new HM1000 with Himalaya chip — it's worse than Lotoo Gold and far away from r2r2000, there is no miracle! Burr Brown 1704 was a pinnacle of very precise and yet abaddoned technology (laser trimmng, etc.). Some modern advanced r2r designs can compete with it, but almost never in compact design. Hifiman is not a famous semiconductor company, their "new chip" looks more like Chord fgpa matrix with it's limitations.

1660095844754.png
I wonder, maybe this was due to bad synergy? I do not remember how my modded r2r2000 sounds anymore, I do know that the hm1000 hymalaya sounds pretty damn good once you find the correct gain and port (my 4ba pair seem to prefer 3.5 on SE, low gain)

sorry for bringing up an old post, but can you describe the differences between r2r2k and hm1k hym?

I'm contemplating if to keep it now that it works with the app, or sell it and see if the new ak4499ex is any good (need a secondary device with line out, Wm1a is sure to stay)

it is also odd how dac designs seem to "improve" and yet a lot of people will swear that the old design of pcm63 and the dacs around that era are vastly superior to the ones we have today

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #568 of 585
I never heard Himalaya myself and do not judge it. Based on my previous impressions it can be very good itself and perhaps best player for it's funny price.

I am definitely not a guy who lives in a past, but sometimes something lost with a new technology. I heard some direct to wax recording from early 20th century — they have something (apart walls of noise) that I never heard on more modern records, including shellacs. Some sort of raw energy and presence of artists (maybe it's sounds funny, but it was my impression).

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #569 of 585
I never heard Himalaya myself and do not judge it. Based on my previous impressions it can be very good itself and perhaps best player for it's funny price.

I am definitely not a guy who lives in a past, but sometimes something lost with a new technology. I heard some direct to wax recording from early 20th century — they have something (apart walls of noise) that I never heard on more modern records, including shellacs. Some sort of raw energy and presence of artists (maybe it's sounds funny, but it was my impression).
who knows.. I think new tech has potential, however I'm trying to quit the hobby and narrow down my collection to 1 - 2 sources at best, and I'm not quite sure i'll keep searching after my modded wm1a comes back from npaudio (although ak4499ex seems very interesting.)

I did not try the legendary pcm63 or anything of that sort, but when it comes to portable gear, from what i've heard i'd probably rank
s-master > r2r >= ess/akm > rohm.

(r2r includes hymalaya, pcm1704/2, and n6ii r01 discrete ladder with oversampling)

ak4499ex will probably change that, but I heavily doubt it will beat the S master (atleast, for me)

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #570 of 585
who knows.. I think new tech has potential, however I'm trying to quit the hobby and narrow down my collection to 1 - 2 sources at best, and I'm not quite sure i'll keep searching after my modded wm1a comes back from npaudio (although ak4499ex seems very interesting.)

I did not try the legendary pcm63 or anything of that sort, but when it comes to portable gear, from what i've heard i'd probably rank
s-master > r2r >= ess/akm > rohm.

(r2r includes hymalaya, pcm1704/2, and n6ii r01 discrete ladder with oversampling)

ak4499ex will probably change that, but I heavily doubt it will beat the S master (atleast, for me)
S-master is not a dac chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back