HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Apr 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #2,506 of 3,445
There are a couple of threads at erji forum which did pretty comprehensive comparisons between all or most of the amp cards:

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1634886
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1636619

Here are some comments about all the official hifiman amp cards by Dr Fang himself:

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1613395

They are all in Chinese. Maybe google translator can give you some answers.

Kinda forward for me to ask but is it possible for someone here who understands Chinese translate that, maybe not word for word but at least the important highlights please? I think that'll be a much more accurate translation than Google translator I'm sure.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,507 of 3,445
I've noticed that when consecutive tracks are played automatically, as in you don't skip around, it doesn't cut off the beginning of songs at all with 1.085b.   If I skip around, or select a track directly when browsing, it still cuts off a fraction of a second still. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,508 of 3,445
Any ideas when 1.085 final version is being released?

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #2,509 of 3,445
  I've noticed that when consecutive tracks are played automatically, as in you don't skip around, it doesn't cut off the beginning of songs at all with 1.085b.   If I skip around, or select a track directly when browsing, it still cuts off a fraction of a second still. 

This is not new. It's been like that for the several latest UI versions - if not always.
It has only been when you manually pick a new track that the first part of the track isn't played.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,512 of 3,445
How do you use the remote on the docking station? lol    Anyone that has the dock. I can hear the sound improve as the unit burns in. Just the wires but it did sound heavy at first and now much better. 

Anyone have instruction on the remote? 

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2,514 of 3,445
I ordered a mini box , package arrived yesterday, I thought it looked a bit big, it was a complete new 901 , sent in error or it's my lucky day .
What a dilemma !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #2,515 of 3,445
I ordered a mini box , package arrived yesterday, I thought it looked a bit big, it was a complete new 901 , sent in error or it's my lucky day .
What a dilemma !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should do a review on it first.

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #2,516 of 3,445
  How do you use the remote on the docking station? lol    Anyone that has the dock. I can hear the sound improve as the unit burns in. Just the wires but it did sound heavy at first and now much better. 

Anyone have instruction on the remote? 

Simple.  Point at the dock and click buttons. 
evil_smiley.gif

All joking aside, the remote functions are pretty limited.  Mode is pretty obvious, it cycles through the different inputs.  You have to be in player mode and already navigate to a folder or playback menu to be able to use the basic commands like Play, Pause, skip, etc.  You still have to use the wheel and select buttons on the player itself.

The Buffer button seems to be an amplification stage for the analog line out.  Otherwise, the line out is somewhat attenuated.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #2,518 of 3,445
Apr 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #2,520 of 3,445

Simple.  Point at the dock and click buttons. 
evil_smiley.gif

All joking aside, the remote functions are pretty limited.  Mode is pretty obvious, it cycles through the different inputs.  You have to be in player mode and already navigate to a folder or playback menu to be able to use the basic commands like Play, Pause, skip, etc.  You still have to use the wheel and select buttons on the player itself.

The Buffer button seems to be an amplification stage for the analog line out.  Otherwise, the line out is somewhat attenuated.

Sure, that is what I figured but my remote only works sometimes so I thought something else was going on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back