HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,372 of 3,445
Yes you are very right but mine 3sec man.

Rgds

Sounds like your 901 doesn't have the latest firmware.

I just sold my hm901 because this issue.Going to buy new sony player.

I suspect I'm gonna do the same if this isn't fixed in the next firmware 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2,373 of 3,445
Sounds like your 901 doesn't have the latest firmware.

I suspect I'm gonna do the same if this isn't fixed in the next firmware :rolleyes:  

It is bugging me and I sorta gave up hope that it can be fixed. I did bought the zx1, only to sell it after a week. In fact there are quite a number of used zx1 in Hong Kong forums around usd600-650. I guess I'm too deep into the 901 sound as well as too used to having a portable source powerful enough to use with my LCD3/HD800 when removed from my audio room.... comparatively my AK240 perform a lot closer to the 901 level than the zx1, but still not enough to let me part with my ugly and flawed 901!

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #2,374 of 3,445
  I will have to listen more but I haven't noticed the fade in. Now I have to go and listen more carefully. 

It really isn't that noticeable if most of your music already has a soft opening.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #2,376 of 3,445

It really isn't that noticeable if most of your music already has a soft opening.

Most likely the reason I haven't noticed. It takes me a few seconds to really start listening anyway. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #2,379 of 3,445
The fade in in the beginning of a new-selected track is heard clearly if music starts from the very beginning of the track. An example: One World from Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. It starts with drum beats that are cut off and this totally ruins the rhythmical feeling on that song.

This of course is only when you select the track. If it is played in sequence, it plays it correctly, as others has noted.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #2,380 of 3,445
The fade in in the beginning of a new-selected track is heard clearly if music starts from the very beginning of the track. An example: One World from Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. It starts with drum beats that are cut off and this totally ruins the rhythmical feeling on that song.

This of course is only when you select the track. If it is played in sequence, it plays it correctly, as others has noted.
Absolutely correct, unfortunately mine is approx 2.5 sec behind.

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,385 of 3,445
Ok, I can hear the fade in. I would assume they can somehow fix this. 

I have read that some feel the AK240 has a larger soundstage. I have not heard the 240, little chance out here in the bush of Alaska where ear buds costing 10 dollars predominate. 

Now, to my ear, the soundstage projected by the balanced card with balanced phones, is pretty large, and not narrow, so how is it that it could be larger? If it stretches out before you and goes ear to ear and then angle out R and L from there, where are these larger soundstages going? I have read of one having a more hollow sound, from another DAP and while large, not realistic while the AK240 is large and realistic but I have been listening to some live music and it seems pretty darn large and full.

Just curious about other findings. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back