HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Mar 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,356 of 3,445

Comments like kkcc's are why I've indexed impressions throughout the thread in the first post. Have a look through to see if it'd be one for you.

Also, I've compared the ASG-2 to quite a few IEMs in the 2nd post.

Yes I still own and love my ASG2.  Just that while I had also defended your choice of source (iphone) for the IEM comparison, I had always personally been curious on your ongoing praise of the iphone as that is hardly how I heard them and thus my "comment like this".... 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #2,357 of 3,445

Yes I still own and love my ASG2.  Just that while I had also defended your choice of source (iphone) for the IEM comparison, I had always personally been curious on your ongoing praise of the iphone as that is hardly how I heard them and thus my "comment like this".... 
ksc75smile.gif

Maybe it's a matter of semantics but, to me, it seemed like you were trying to use my thoughts on the ASG-2 review as some sort of jab or a way to discredit my views on the DAPs.

Apologies if I'm reading into it too much, but:

Well if anyone had followed his ASG2 thread you know the result of this "review" even without reading a word of it... LOLOL... I have no doubt that's what he truly heard for himself with his beloved Asg2, but really it's just that 
wink.gif

As for the iphone 4 comparisons, I've yet to see any other impressions posted anywhere comparing it to other DAPs with the same files, same mastering, with critical A/B'ing. If you've done so, I stand corrected.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,358 of 3,445

Maybe it's a matter of semantics but, to me, it seemed like you were trying to use my thoughts on the ASG-2 review as some sort of jab or a way to discredit my views on the DAPs.

Apologies if I'm reading into it too much, but:

As for the iphone 4 comparisons, I've yet to see any other impressions posted anywhere comparing it to other DAPs with the same files, same mastering, with critical A/B'ing. If you've done so, I stand corrected.

Nah, you are not over-reading, I really do disagree with your opinion on the iPhone.  It was obvious you hold the iphone 4 in very high regards from your commentary and debates with others in your IEM review. I defended your choice of iPhone 4 as it is a valid use case where most people simply pair IEMs with iPhone and the impression is of value to the community who plan on that setup.   But I cannot agree with your view that iPhone is as good as other source/amp/dap for sound, which was besides the point for that review.

This DAP shootout piece, though, I don't really care for as base on what I understand of your subjective preferences from that thread, the result is pretty obvious.  Nonetheless everyone has and is entitled to their opinions and thus I had simply refrained from participating in that thread to not derail it.  

beerchug.gif

Btw, IEM card is not really the amp board you want to use for ASG2, but you'd probably not really notice, or just notice slightly, any differences.  I had been trying to put together my thoughts of the 901 amp boards for the 901 user community but man this "review" stuff is hard work.  I guess we all need to thank those who put time and effort into listening/testing/writing content for others regardless of whether we agree on the conclusions or not.  
beyersmile.png

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2,360 of 3,445
Mar 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #2,361 of 3,445

Nah, you are not over-reading, I really do disagree with your opinion on the iPhone.  It was obvious you hold the iphone 4 in very high regards from your commentary and debates with others in your IEM review. I defended your choice of iPhone 4 as it is a valid use case where most people simply pair IEMs with iPhone and the impression is of value to the community who plan on that setup.   But I cannot agree with your view that iPhone is as good as other source/amp/dap for sound, which was besides the point for that review.

This DAP shootout piece, though, I don't really care for as base on what I understand of your subjective preferences from that thread, the result is pretty obvious.  Nonetheless everyone has and is entitled to their opinions and thus I had simply refrained from participating in that thread to not derail it.  

beerchug.gif

Btw, IEM card is not really the amp board you want to use for ASG2, but you'd probably not really notice, or just notice slightly, any differences.  I had been trying to put together my thoughts of the 901 amp boards for the 901 user community but man this "review" stuff is hard work.  I guess we all need to thank those who put time and effort into listening/testing/writing content for others regardless of whether we agree on the conclusions or not.  
beyersmile.png

Of course, my post is strictly comprised of my thoughts, using my (still very youthful and fresh) ears.

My subjective preference plays no part in anything, as I don't even have one. I didn't state that I found any player better than another. All I did was report my findings based on extensive volume matched A/B'ing using the same files. You're completely free to disagree with me, but I only ask that you repeat my experiment before you pass judgement. You don't even have to use the same IEM.

Quote:
  yes, there is the iphone4 and that sad thread. lets try to keep the HM901 thread on point

If I'm not mistaken, the discussion involves the HM901. The thread is very much on point.

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2,366 of 3,445
I think it just happens to the first song if you are listening to a whole album. Say if you skip to the second song and come back to the first, it won't have any skip anymore. At least that's what I have noticed on mine.

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,367 of 3,445
I think it just happens to the first song if you are listening to a whole album. Say if you skip to the second song and come back to the first, it won't have any skip anymore. At least that's what I have noticed on mine.

Yes it has a 1.5 second or so "fade-in" effect for first song you play from an album, or when you switch to a track on another album. Switching to tracks within the same album don't have this issue. Been really my only gripe (besides the look and material of the unit itself) of the 901.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #2,368 of 3,445
Yes it has a 1.5 second or so "fade-in" effect for first song you play from an album, or when you switch to a track on another album. Switching to tracks within the same album don't have this issue. Been really my only gripe (besides the look and material of the unit itself) of the 901.

Same issue with mine. :)

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #2,369 of 3,445
I will have to listen more but I haven't noticed the fade in. Now I have to go and listen more carefully. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,370 of 3,445
Yes you are very right but mine 3sec man.

Rgds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back