= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #736 of 1,710
Quote:
I indeed used the George Yohng wrapper. But I dunno, it's not like the EQ is mandatory, the cans sound fine without.

Sure, but I wouldn't be able to live without knowing the cause, what with my OCD about these sort of things.. 
tongue.gif

If you're curious maybe you could try this other VST wrapper, or not if you don't want....

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #737 of 1,710
Quote:

Sure, but I wouldn't be able to live without knowing the cause, what with my OCD about these sort of things.. 
tongue.gif

If you're curious maybe you could try this other VST wrapper, or not if you don't want....

Hm installed it but Electri-Q equalization doesn't seem to kick in.

Edit: nvm, it just has a big delay.

Will monitor music playback for a few hours, see if the static issue flares up with this change in VST wrapper.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #738 of 1,710
Quote:
Hm installed it but Electri-Q equalization doesn't seem to kick in.

Edit: nvm, it just has a big delay.

Will monitor music playback for a few hours, see if the static issue flares up with this change in VST wrapper.

I actually like this wrapper better than George yohng's one because it's accessed within foobar's toolbar settings menu rather than in the system tray, but I had other issues with it I recall. I think it had force closing issues. Have you experienced anything like that yet?

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #739 of 1,710
Quote:

I actually like this wrapper better than George yohng's one because it's accessed within foobar's toolbar settings menu rather than in the system tray, but I had other issues with it I recall. I think it had force closing issues. Have you experienced anything like that yet?

Yep, it's definitely buggy in some way. I tried tweaking the EQ real-time whilst changing tracks and Foobar would always freeze and crash when I click Foobar with the Electri-Q window open.

On the other hand, I have not experienced the massive static bug that I had with the George Y. wrapper for Electri-Q, so perhaps that's the trade-off.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #741 of 1,710
Just wanted to make a few comments on the new jergpads crafted by Modular.

Let me preface my comments by saying that while I did try the pads with the he400, I primarily will use the new pads with the he-4. 

The first thing that I noticed about the pads is the craftsmanship. The mod is executed wonderfully well from an aesthetics point of view. The appear factory made and very much like a pair of velours until you look more closely. Everything is included for the bass mod and mine came with extras as well. I had the pads on in just a few minutes. The application of the bass mods took a little longer but was easy enough and the materials included were excellent. 

Do they work? The first thing that you notice with the pads is the comfort. It's just exceptional. I can't ever imagine going back to the stock pleathers just for the comfort of the new pads alone.  The change in the sound signature works well for the both the he400 and the he-4. The tizz is alleviated from the he400. The V shape signature of the smoothed out and makes it a more enjoyable listen. 

Does the bass mod work?  No question. There is more weight and punch without question. Not bloomy and not loose...just punches harder. 

Are the pads worth the cost? Honestly, I wondered this same question myself when I ordered them. The answer is yes...they are easily worth this price. 

What doesn't work? Honestly, I can't come up with anything that would improve on the execution of this mod. I would recommend them to everyone with an He400, he-4 and he500. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #743 of 1,710
Quote:
Is there any site or group buy or anything? I cant find any info or pics.

Pics and impressions:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-modulor-production-jergpads-impressions-added/675#post_9644743

Info on ordering status / group buy:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/11955#post_9679200

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #744 of 1,710
Is there any site or group buy or anything? I cant find any info or pics.

No site or group buy..some of us enthousiasts contacted modulor and asked him to make some for us..and so he did..and reading the first impressions..he did a fine job..am still waiting for mine..hope to get it next week as i am in europe...
I guess u can ask modulor if or when he is planning to make another batch.. Its one man show..and it started out to help some of us who are not handy.. And what job he did. :wink:

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #746 of 1,710
Modulor was doing a group buy via PM but I think was mentioned on here a few pages earlier. Still on first batch but I can see the possibility seeing as how great the pics jerg posted turned out to be. Send either Jerg or Modulor a PM to find out more. 

EDIT: Grammar

Am one of the lucky ones.. My pair is on its way..hope to get it next week...Only pity i dont have an adequate amp now :xf_eek:

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #749 of 1,710
The hm5 pads were really bad for me. The interior padding was way to soft and the pad itself was smaller than the cups on the HFM hp's. I have a pair that I'll sell you though. 
size]

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #750 of 1,710
I have HM5 pads - just wanted to hear how these "sound" to you. If we get similiar impressions then its easier to me believe in Jerg&modulor pads.
I managed to install HM5 pads without cutting anything. These are indeed smaller but I had no problems wearing it. Im not sensitive for such things and could even wear Grado with comfort :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back