HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #9,391 of 21,868
('Silent One' approaches the lounge to the "hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone" thread and re-enters)

"Excuse me... um... pardon me... is this seat taken?"

(With sales receipt in hand, SO decides to sit. And survey the small crowd keeping a keen eye open for preproman; other notables, for getting the cans Dolled-up!)

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #9,392 of 21,868
Silent One,
What's this I hear about a sales receipt?  Does that mean what I think t means?  
gs1000.gif

What about Dolled-up cans?

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #9,393 of 21,868
  Silent One,
What's this I hear about a sales receipt?  Does that mean what I think t means?  
gs1000.gif

What about Dolled-up cans?

Ha ha 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 that's right, baby! After waiting 30+ days for my SR-009 to arrive from Tokyo, Stax warned it could be an additional 30 days, due to strong demand. I cancelled and WooAudio is now sending me the HE-6.

And when have you known me to want anything
biggrin.gif
pedestrian? We need to get 'em to your guy asap! 

- New cabling; hardwired; pig-tailed options.

WAITRESS: Can I help you boys?
ELWOOD: Got any white bread?
WAITRESS: Yes.
ELWOOD: I'd like some toasted white bread, please.
WAITRESS: You want some butter or jam on that toast, honey?
ELWOOD: No, ma'am, dry.
JAKE: You got any fried chicken?
WAITRESS: Best damned chicken in the state.
JAKE: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.
WAITRESS: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?
JAKE: I want four fried chickens and a coke.
ELWOOD: And some dry white toast, please.
The Waitress looks at them as if they're crazy, but shakes her head resigned.WAITRESS: You want anything to drink, honey?
ELWOOD: No, ma'am.
JAKE: A Coke.
WAITRESS: And four fried chickens -- I know, I know. It'll be up in a minute.

I'll have to revisit your recommendation for the Revolution series I think it was, can't recall. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #9,394 of 21,868
Welcome Silent One! Is your Krell going to be the beast to feed the HE-6? 
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #9,400 of 21,868
  wow the bass is probably the most impressing thing on the HE-6 so far, like i can hear bass notes i haven't heard in my songs before, u really hear every little bit of bass, and its not muddy. like small little rumbles and stuff.... and its controlled and neutral, like a well balanced system, not like a fostex th 900 or denon kinda bass rumble.

I still haven't decided whether I like the bass presentation more on the HE6 or LCD3. The detail is much easier to pick out with the HE6.

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #9,401 of 21,868
Anyone know if a Pioneer SA 508 will power HE6

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #9,402 of 21,868
I prefer hifiman to lcd-3 bass, i think i actually liked lcd-2 bass more cause the impact, though now with gsx im not as sure, the lcd-3 bass has seemed to improve alot with amping

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #9,403 of 21,868
Anyone know if a Pioneer SA 508 will power HE6

Probably, sound quality depends alot on the amp though, some receivers sound thin and harsh, some might be really warm

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #9,404 of 21,868
Amps are a funny and elusive thing for quality sound. Some amps you'd think would be great by reputation pan out to be duds. Others are given little chance but sound pretty good. The Emo mini is an example. I listened to a Marantz receiver at the A/V store and was unimpressed. The big hitters so far have been the Simaudio, MacIntosh, Naim, Nelson Pass type power and integrated amps. I also liked the Primaluna tube sound but it didn't power them with the same authority. I know it's said we aren't drawing that much power through the 6s but the better power supplies certainly take the lead in sound quality.

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #9,405 of 21,868
wink.gif
 It's A Great Day in LA! The cans have arrived and awaiting my pick-up. It needs a signature and I'm busy right now, so I'm off to FedEx in the morning. Also, waiting for Wireworld to get back to me on a quote for a custom cable. 

Y'all know I be sippin' on that Wireworld kool-aid. My D7000 was recabled with the Eclipse 6 cable @ 22awg. I'm looking to doll the HE-6 up with the Eclipse 7 cable @ 19awg.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back