HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5,014 of 21,873
I was trying to see if I could get it locally, need it for the Vancouver meet for Saturday.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #5,019 of 21,873
Jan 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5,021 of 21,873
I have the pleathers but had on my head for less than a few minutes as the fit just did not feel right.

On another note, I had a little problem with my DIY cable so have been listening to the HE-6 with the stock cable with the SE adapter out of my Marantz headphone out.  Like most vintage integrateds the HP out ,if I remember correctly, uses the same output as the speaker taps with a 330 ohm resistor.

Gone are the incredible dynamics and detail, frequency extension is reduced and I hear a lot more distortion as the sound is all mushed up together. Just my 2 cents worth, your drive and mileage may vary.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #5,022 of 21,873

Quote:
I have the pleathers but had on my head for less than a few minutes as the fit just did not feel right.

On another note, I had a little problem with my DIY cable so have been listening to the HE-6 with the stock cable with the SE adapter out of my Marantz headphone out.  Like most vintage integrateds the HP out ,if I remember correctly, uses the same output as the speaker taps with a 330 ohm resistor.

Gone are the incredible dynamics and detail, frequency extension is reduced and I hear a lot more distortion as the sound is all mushed up together. Just my 2 cents worth, your drive and mileage may vary.

Interesting to hear.  I better order my wire soon then...waiting on another DAC and been busy so I haven't bothered.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #5,023 of 21,873

Quote:

What kind of wire are you using? You should not lose much at all with the stock cables even with the SE adapter.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #5,024 of 21,873

Quote:
What kind of wire are you using? You should not lose much at all with the stock cables even with the SE adapter.

SIlver /Gold  wire for the cable. I will try to compare it with the stock cable maybe tomorrow once I deconstruct the stock cable to speaker wire termination. Have to go to the Van meet today.

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #5,025 of 21,873
Anybody used or has any thoughts on the Rogue Cronus Magnum Integrated? Looking to tube my HE-6. It has some good reviews but I need unbiased opinion.

After having heard the LCD's and the Stax's (007 and 009) at the Vancouver meet today, the HE-6 is a keeper (THE ONE for me)  and a relative bargain at that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back