HiFiMan HE-560 Review
Feb 13, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #212 of 219
  I thinking of getting the Audeze Vegan pads for my 400i...that or the Shure 1540 pads..which is about half the price. 

Best ear-pads I have owned. The nearest for comfort would be Beyer silver velours for me.
The Audeze win on depth and sheer plushness over about 5 different ones I've tried. My ears also fit 100% inside..no in/out compromise.
One member sent me a photo of micro-suede on his HFM cans.

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #213 of 219
  Best ear-pads I have owned. The nearest for comfort would be Beyer silver velours for me.
The Audeze win on depth and sheer plushness over about 5 different ones I've tried. My ears also fit 100% inside..no in/out compromise.
One member sent me a photo of micro-suede on his HFM cans.

I've posted a quick HE-560 vs Audeze LCD-X comparison review on the LCD-X thread if anyone is interested :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684394/audeze-lcd-x/5820#post_11317754

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #214 of 219
  I've posted a quick HE-560 vs Audeze LCD-X comparison review on the LCD-X thread if anyone is interested :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684394/audeze-lcd-x/5820#post_11317754

Just curious, money, did you have a fit problem with the Audeze pads on the HE-560s, specifically that they would get caught under the yokes that hold the driver cups, esp. when pivoting them?  I ask because almost every pad I've tried on the HE-560s has that problem, except the stock FocusPads and a couple I've made.  Not sure I'd spend that on pads, but they do look crazy comfortable.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #215 of 219
Just curious, money, did you have a fit problem with the Audeze pads on the HE-560s, specifically that they would get caught under the yokes that hold the driver cups, esp. when pivoting them?  I ask because almost every pad I've tried on the HE-560s has that problem, except the stock FocusPads and a couple I've made.  Not sure I'd spend that on pads, but they do look crazy comfortable.

never transplanted the audeze earpad over to the he560 so not sure. judging from looks standpoint, i dont know if thats a great idea. the entire width of the he560 headphones fits into the outer earpad dimensions of the audeze earpads at the thickest part.

what problems did u have with hifiman's focuspads?

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #216 of 219
never transplanted the audeze earpad over to the he560 so not sure. judging from looks standpoint, i dont know if thats a great idea. the entire width of the he560 headphones fits into the outer earpad dimensions of the audeze earpads at the thickest part.

what problems did u have with hifiman's focuspads?

Ah, I see.  I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't fit, and I ain't spending $80 to find out 
wink.gif

re: the FocusPads, I'm a tall white guy with commensurate ears that just don't fit comfortably inside.  FocusPad-As were way too shallow for me.  I'm a depth junkie, so when I made my own pads for the HE-560s and HE-500s, I made them slightly deeper, which gives a better sense of air and/or sound stage, but not so deep that the bass gets lost.  Also, at this point, my brain has burned in enough to really dig the sig 
biggrin.gif
  And lastly, having done jerg's v.1 enhancements on both my HFM cans, in particular sticking the pads/mounting rings to the cups, swapping them is now a serious PITA.

Thanks for the reply.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #217 of 219

Ah, I see.  I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't fit, and I ain't spending $80 to find out 
wink.gif

re: the FocusPads, I'm a tall white guy with commensurate ears that just don't fit comfortably inside.  FocusPad-As were way too shallow for me.  I'm a depth junkie, so when I made my own pads for the HE-560s and HE-500s, I made them slightly deeper, which gives a better sense of air and/or sound stage, but not so deep that the bass gets lost.  Also, at this point, my brain has burned in enough to really dig the sig 
biggrin.gif
  And lastly, having done jerg's v.1 enhancements on both my HFM cans, in particular sticking the pads/mounting rings to the cups, swapping them is now a serious PITA.

Thanks for the reply.

mmm... actually it does seem to me that it'll fit (earcup housing appear to be very close in diameter, just may look a bit weird to have such thickness on the slim HE-560), but not sure if really worth $80. diy options are always better I think :) glad the info was helpful.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #218 of 219

I confirm it does not work well.
The yokes on the HE-560/400i cross the inner edge of the cups very quickly when you stretch the headband. Only very narrow heads would work, otherwise the yokes push on the upper side of the Vegan pads and put pressure on the temples pretty bad.

I was able to de-stress the headband a bit to fit my smaller head without too much discomfort but I'm actually thinking of trying to fit the old headband (or a chinese-made replacement) to improve comfort.

The sound is excellent with the Vegan, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back