= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #1,336 of 21,173
still much more info to come, but I've heard NO negative comments about the 560's yet.  seems like they need some stiffer competition for comparisons.  anyone out there have electrostats to compare with?  that would be the true test of the new approach to treble resolution.  as was said before, stat treble and midrange, ortho bass = possibly a near perfect headphone.  also, with all this talk, and gushing over the 560, its hard to imagine what the successor to the HE6 will be like.  

Its a good time to be a headphone enthusiast.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,337 of 21,173
  still much more info to come, but I've heard NO negative comments about the 560's yet.  seems like they need some stiffer competition for comparisons.  anyone out there have electrostats to compare with?  that would be the true test of the new approach to treble resolution.  as was said before, stat treble and midrange, ortho bass = possibly a near perfect headphone.  also, with all this talk, and gushing over the 560, its hard to imagine what the successor to the HE6 will be like.  

Its a good time to be a headphone enthusiast.

I'm pretty sure that HeadphoneAddict compared it to the Stax SR-009 and SR-007.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,338 of 21,173
  I will have to be the judge when it comes to violin tonality.  You got my curiosity going strong here, Frank.  
tongue.gif

+1 haha I will be awaiting your opinion on that

And on jerg's "3D Bass" reference to the headphone--wouldn't that suggest great center imaging?

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,339 of 21,173
+1 haha I will be awaiting your opinion on that

And on jerg's "3D Bass" reference to the headphone--wouldn't that suggest great center imaging?

It would, and he already said inaging is top notch :D

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #1,340 of 21,173
Bass is sooo good. Just on its merits alone I'm enjoying a lot of music that were "meh" to me before. HE400's bass was tactile, even visceral at times, but the bass feels almost real with these.

The percussion and drums in "Long Distance" in Explorations in Space and Time is so eerily realistic, it's spooky (in a good way).

The special part is how spatially precise the bass can be rendered; 3D imaging of low frequencies tend to be fuzzy / up-close, neither are true here.

Likely, much of the realism is due to the neutrality in the harmonics of bassy instruments, right? I mean low bass isn't spatial by itself if ya know what I mean... Percussion doesn't quite give the right kick without the high frequencies being up there with the bass for example..

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,342 of 21,173
Likely, much of the realism is due to the neutrality in the harmonics of bassy instruments, right? I mean low bass isn't spatial by itself if ya know what I mean... Percussion doesn't quite give the right kick without the high frequencies being up there with the bass for example..

You're right, a big part is due to the harmonics of bassy instruments helping with the spatial projection. I wouldn't say it's due to the neutrality of the harmonics though.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #1,346 of 21,173
We're punched in. Gotta find out what these sound like, it's so awesome to see a new product from these guys. Lightweight is good.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,347 of 21,173
  I still haven't ruled the 560 out. Trying to be patient though. My mom always says, "patience is a virtue." 
biggrin.gif

i don't do patience too good !! i want what i want, and i want it yesterday

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,349 of 21,173
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,350 of 21,173
Lucky me, I know which one I want 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good luck with your choice you rest! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back