= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #1,323 of 21,173
  Any word on when the 560 pads will be available for order? Would love to get some professional grade Jerg pads on my HE-400!

I would love it, if HifiMan officially calls it Jerg pads

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #1,326 of 21,173
Don't forget to check the updates in my review thread.  I add new reports both as a new post and I add it to the bottom of post #1 as well.  See my Sig line for link.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #1,327 of 21,173
Bass is sooo good. Just on its merits alone I'm enjoying a lot of music that were "meh" to me before. HE400's bass was tactile, even visceral at times, but the bass feels almost real with these.

The percussion and drums in "Long Distance" in Explorations in Space and Time is so eerily realistic, it's spooky (in a good way).

The special part is how spatially precise the bass can be rendered; 3D imaging of low frequencies tend to be fuzzy / up-close, neither are true here.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,329 of 21,173
  I am listening to the hE560 on the AK240 and it playing easily. The sound is very detailed and music is alive . Excellent sound stage and transparency with terrific detail. 

I think the transparency, particularly in terms of resolution/texture, is a big strength of these cans. Sure headphones can be neutral in tuning, but ya can't tune up detail extraction.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,330 of 21,173
Bass is sooo good. Just on its merits alone I'm enjoying a lot of music that were "meh" to me before. HE400's bass was tactile, even visceral at times, but the bass feels almost real with these.

The percussion and drums in "Long Distance" in Explorations in Space and Time is so eerily realistic, it's spooky (in a good way).

The special part is how spatially precise the bass can be rendered; 3D imaging of low frequencies tend to be fuzzy / up-close, neither are true here.

You're killing me here... The wait is unbearable! :D

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #1,331 of 21,173
  I think the transparency, particularly in terms of resolution/texture, is a big strength of these cans. Sure headphones can be neutral in tuning, but ya can't tune up detail extraction.

I agree. The violin tonality is very accurate and I can hear what I hear live. I am getting quite a bit of detail on these cans.  Much better than the HE6500 from my memory and also gettiing closer to the HE6

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,332 of 21,173
  I am listening to the hE560 on the AK240 and it playing easily. The sound is very detailed and music is alive . Excellent sound stage and transparency with terrific detail. 

That's very good news. I guess the 560 is more efficient than it's on paper (as I sort of suspected). My DX90 is coming in tomorrow and it does 2.17 Vrms according to "Head-Fi China Jude Equivalent Dude," which is what the AK240 does in balanced mode. Jamato8 was saying how the DX90 can drive the 560 very well, so I guess it can!. Good stuff. 560 = next headphone.
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #1,334 of 21,173
  I agree. The violin tonality is very accurate and I can hear what I hear live. I am getting quite a bit of detail on these cans.  Much better than the HE6500 from my memory and also gettiing closer to the HE6

I will have to be the judge when it comes to violin tonality.  You got my curiosity going strong here, Frank.  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back