= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 19, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #1,367 of 21,173
  Not trying to fuel any of the recent comments, but if you're the type of buyer who likes to be deeply informed before purchases and care about industry comparisons in reviews, then you need to expect to wait weeks or months after the release of new products to get all the information you crave. We're in a pre-order period. This isn't a great time to try and get comprehensive comparisons and "mature" listening opinions based in hundreds of hours of listening. Those reviews come with time after release and shipment.

Not everyone is an early adopter type. Frankly, in a market like headphones, sometimes I feel like the early adopters get the shortest end of the stick. There's value in being patient and reaping the benefits of model revisions. The only benefit to buying early is being popular at a few meets and getting audio hipster cred.

+1 

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #1,368 of 21,173

The only benefit to buying early is being popular at a few meets and getting audio hipster cred.

You wrote that as if it's a bad thing...             
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #1,370 of 21,173
Apr 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #1,371 of 21,173

What reviewers will be getting it and when?

It would be nice if they did a loaner program again, previous ones were a success.

Have they ever done one in Europe anyway? I wouldn't want to be a part of it, as it'd be too expensive to send the package abroad.

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,372 of 21,173
Have they ever done one in Europe anyway? I wouldn't want to be a part of it, as it'd be too expensive to send the package abroad.

I've been part of the HE-500 loaner program organised by Mr. Sieveking. It cost me 40€ to send the package forward, the experience was worth it every cent.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #1,373 of 21,173
  Not trying to fuel any of the recent comments, but if you're the type of buyer who likes to be deeply informed before purchases and care about industry comparisons in reviews, then you need to expect to wait weeks or months after the release of new products to get all the information you crave. We're in a pre-order period. This isn't a great time to try and get comprehensive comparisons and "mature" listening opinions based in hundreds of hours of listening. Those reviews come with time after release and shipment.

Not everyone is an early adopter type. Frankly, in a market like headphones, sometimes I feel like the early adopters get the shortest end of the stick. There's value in being patient and reaping the benefits of model revisions. The only benefit to buying early is being popular at a few meets and getting audio hipster cred.

Great post....wise words.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,374 of 21,173
What reviewers will be getting it and when?

as far as I'm aware of the initial people who have received the he560 to review only jerg has gotten the final version with baffle fix. headphoneaddict has stated he's supposed to get that one next week.

so my hopes are that if they're officially the production version some preorders will ship too. being optimistic and impatient.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,375 of 21,173
  I second that. If you like the TH600, then get the D7000. They are close enough to TH900.

I know where I can get a good deal on them. I also know someone who has the modded d7000 and the th900 and prefers the th900. I would go back for that pandora VI but I got addicted to the soundstage and cant look back. That is why I am so curious if the he560 has soundstage close to the 900 then I can skip both. I find the bass of the th600 overrated anyway but still like it. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,376 of 21,173

cant say I agree. These have been in hands long enough now to get a good idea of what to expect so I am sorry but I disagree. Sure that would apply to certain things like balance/bass extension but other aspects are pretty much determined at this point. I pretty much know what to expect after Jerg's impressions and headphoneaddict. Again somethings will be different but the overall sound is very close otherwise Hifiman wouldnt have released them to reviewers.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #1,377 of 21,173

cant say I agree. These have been in hands long enough now to get a good idea of what to expect so I am sorry but I disagree. Sure that would apply to certain things like balance/bass extension but other aspects are pretty much determined at this point. I pretty much know what to expect after Jerg's impressions and headphoneaddict. Again somethings will be different but the overall sound is very close otherwise Hifiman wouldnt have released them to reviewers.

Well, remember HE-400 being the best thing since sliced bread? People are much more aware of stregnths and weaknesses now, it took like half a year to reach a proper consensus IMO

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,378 of 21,173
I sent an email yesterday and asked if everything is on schedule still, will let yall know when I hear back.

Regardless, they already said end of April shipping will be arranged for pre-orders, so there's still 1.5 weeks left.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,379 of 21,173

Well, remember HE-400 being the best thing since sliced bread? People are much more aware of stregnths and weaknesses now, it took like half a year to reach a proper consensus IMO

Not to argue because I kinda agree on part of it. But lets take my question for example..."how does the soundstage compare to the th-900?" I think there is enough insight to properly answer that question with 90% accuracy in which I will settle. 

Its tough because the nature of the beast is that you don't want to wait to buy something that you think is close to your ideal. The flesh is anxious and a lot of us are eager to try something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back