HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Dec 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #10,051 of 20,386
Now go fetch that O2... :p

I don't believe in cables either, though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #10,052 of 20,386
Now go fetch that O2... :p

I don't believe in cables either, though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might just fire my my ancient all analog Technics receiver. This thing is so old that the only way you coudl get one is by using a time machine, I think I got it back in 1975. I betcha it'll drive the HE-500's just fine. Hmm, got to look for some wires and be ready for tomorrow's arrival.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #10,053 of 20,386
For those who want cheap cables.. Why not go modify a stock cable from another brand using the provided connectors?

I know Shure stock cables can be had for cheap and are of good quality ergonomics wise.

Why not modify that and let us know what you think. A good mod for those who don't believe in cables making a huge impact on sound.. This could be a good experiment that will benefit others.

:-D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #10,054 of 20,386
I'm not a believer in premium cables either.  As long as they meet certain minimal standards (ie: conduct electricity).  I am so glad to hear others agreeing with this, I was feeling like an outlier.  I have tried blind tests and can't really tell a difference.  Thought maybe I was deaf.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #10,055 of 20,386
  I'm not a believer in premium cables either.  As long as they meet certain minimal standards (ie: conduct electricity).  I am so glad to hear others agreeing with this, I was feeling like an outlier.  I have tried blind tests and can't really tell a difference.  Thought maybe I was deaf.

Nah, like me, you just don't have super human hearing like some people here.  I am glad in a way cuz I've saved quite a bit of $$$.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #10,057 of 20,386
For those who want cheap cables.. Why not go modify a stock cable from another brand using the provided connectors?

I know Shure stock cables can be had for cheap and are of good quality ergonomics wise.

Why not modify that and let us know what you think. A good mod for those who don't believe in cables making a huge impact on sound.. This could be a good experiment that will benefit others.

:-D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Funny to read this..i have been owning a couple of premium headphone cables by now (ranging from standard to rather expensive) ..and i can tell from experience that on MY SYSTEM i definately heard differences in sound between the cables (even if both were copper cables!) .. But one thing got clear to me through the years....more expensive doesnt mean better!!! U just have to buy the cable that complements ur headphone/amp best...keyword here:synergy. :wink: it just doesnt make sense to buy a 700usd headphone cable (or power cable) if ur whole system costs the same..or is just not good enough to show it... But if ur have a higher end system ...it could give an recognizable impact on sound..for better or..sometimes...for worse!

But then again..i have very sensitive hearing (u cant imagine how irritating that is!!)i cant even endure live concerts! Its hurts my ears listening to those levels! So i must be a freak..not able to go to live concerts :xf_eek:. And newyear fireworks?? I stay in the house... I almost jump a meter high when i hear a firecracker..all my body reacts on the loud noise! And here in the netherlands everyone is allowed to use fireworks on the 31st! Everybody goes outside to watch and fire up fireworks..not me! :xf_eek:

But i do can hear lots of things some of my (deafer?) friends dont hear... My daughter of 11 has almost same sensitive hearing as me..or it must be that her hearing is not damaged yet by eardeafening loud mp3 players and going out to clubs dancing and live concerts :p. ..funny thing is that i can endure loud exhausts..as good (stainless..like HKS, GREDDY,NISMO,BUDDYCLUB etc) exhausts has that special LOOOOOWW rumbling sound.. Somehow i love that sound...especially when it pops while changing gears. :D
When my daughter was a baby and she couldnt sleep...i took her to my car as she only would fall asleep then when she was put in my nissan in her babyseat and was driven around for a while...it had a HKS superdragger exhaust under it..huge downpipe , no cat, to HUGE endpipe..it had a very looooow growl...and that made her sleep..while driving slowly..somehow the low vibrations/frequencies made her fall asleep....can u see that in front of u? My dad told me i had same issue when i was a baby..so it must run in the family..we live to drive.. as she is carcrazy also..even knows most brands that matter for carholics already and recognizes a gtr from a s14 or evo or sti or type r etc.. Lolz

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #10,058 of 20,386
^ good for you bud! 
tongue.gif

As for me, my hearing might have been damaged cause of years in the band and exposure to loud pro-audio environment.  I can only hear differences between tubes now. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #10,059 of 20,386
  ^ good for you bud! 
tongue.gif

As for me, my hearing might have been damaged cause of years in the band and exposure to loud pro-audio environment.  I can only hear differences between tubes now. 
biggrin.gif

I'm good because my Marshall Stack was tube driven, I still have the hearing of a bat. I can hear the strands of a premium silver headphone cable flexing when you bend it. I can hear the.......
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #10,060 of 20,386
I'm good because my Marshall Stack was tube driven, I still have the hearing of a bat. I can hear the strands of a premium silver headphone cable flexing when you bend it. I can hear the.......:D

U should get a hugely paid job at emotiva or shiit then :D

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #10,061 of 20,386
U should get a hugely paid job at emotiva or shiit then
biggrin.gif

Or become the spokesman for Monster Cables. Those highwaymen can afford to pay bigtime. Actually the Schiit Magni is good Schiit at a great price, good engineering. Now I've got to go and roll some tubes down a cable and listen for the tinkle of broken glass. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #10,062 of 20,386
  I'm good because my Marshall Stack was tube driven, I still have the hearing of a bat. I can hear the strands of a premium silver headphone cable flexing when you bend it. I can hear the.......
biggrin.gif

Did you get bitten by some insects such as spider? ant? lately?  
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #10,063 of 20,386
  Or become the spokesman for Monster Cables. Those highwaymen can afford to pay bigtime. Actually the Schiit Magni is good Schiit at a great price, good engineering. Now I've got to go and roll some tubes down a cable and listen for the tinkle of broken glass. 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You must be confusing me with Peter Parker. 
The below scene is a marketing training session for custom silver cables.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #10,064 of 20,386
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You must be confusing me with Peter Parker. 
THe below scene is a marketing training session for custom silver cables.

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #10,065 of 20,386
I enjoy them balanced but still rarely use them. The HE 500 just do everything better, IMO. I use the cable from the HE-6. 

What amps are preferred?

How do you like that OCC Copper Balanced cable from the HE-6 versus the silver cable from the HE-500?

Yes please I'd like to know the difference between the silver and the copper cable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back