HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #3,361 of 3,403
Yeah, but be patient. It'll sound great again after some time.:ksc75smile:
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends
Thanks, this time I wouldn't rush, I like to document all the changes.

A fellow modder friend of mine told me RS8 is one of the few daps he would not want to modify the capacitor unless you are after a different sound.

The simlic ii are placed on the audio path output and they are truly respected by all.

Now part of me still wanders how it would sound using a duelund capacitor......

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #3,362 of 3,403
Thanks, this time I wouldn't rush, I like to document all the changes.

A fellow modder friend of mine told me RS8 is one of the few daps he would not want to modify the capacitor unless you are after a different sound.

The simlic ii are placed on the audio path output and they are truly respected by all.

Now part of me still wanders how it would sound using a duelund capacitor......
no worry I think hiby already changed the hardware for the new batch for you
PXL_20231220_002203141.MP.jpg

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #3,367 of 3,403
I got my rs8 replacement last week. I managed to load my music on it over the weekend.

Brand new rs8 sounds really congested compared to a well run in rs8.
I've experienced it with an A&K Kann Cube replacement unit. I was quite new in the hobby, I did not want to believe my ears. It took only a few hours, maybe two or three.

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #3,368 of 3,403
I got my rs8 replacement last week. I managed to load my music on it over the weekend.

Yeah typical r2r

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #3,369 of 3,403

Did you document what programmed audio customizations if any you had on the original unit? Need any help re-dialing them in?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #3,370 of 3,403
Did you document what programmed audio customizations if any you had on the original unit? Need any help re-dialing them in?
No dear Joseph, thank you very much. I really Am thankful in all the help you have given me. We are so lucky to have someone like you at Hiby. Thank you from bottom of my heart.

Also, as I was reorganizing my DAP boxes, I just came across the R8II tour demo unit you have sent me.
I wanted to let you know I have it with me, in case you are wondering where it is. Now that I have my RS8 with me, I can say while I can sense I still like the tonality of RS8, R8ii technicality, background noise is a higher tier than RS8.

Background is quieter, and it does what RS8 do, in a lesser of colorful manner, but with more of a German precision. If time, work and overall health allows me, I love to do a indepth view of R8ii against RS8, but after doing SP3000, I know how much a toll it will have on me.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #3,371 of 3,403
No dear Joseph, thank you very much. I really Am thankful in all the help you have given me. We are so lucky to have someone like you at Hiby. Thank you from bottom of my heart.

Also, as I was reorganizing my DAP boxes, I just came across the R8II tour demo unit you have sent me.
I wanted to let you know I have it with me, in case you are wondering where it is. Now that I have my RS8 with me, I can say while I can sense I still like the tonality of RS8, R8ii technicality, background noise is a higher tier than RS8.

Background is quieter, and it does what RS8 do, in a lesser of colorful manner, but with more of a German precision. If time, work and overall health allows me, I love to do a indepth view of R8ii against RS8, but after doing SP3000, I know how much a toll it will have on me.
how does it compared to n8ii?

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #3,372 of 3,403

Have you update your loaner R8 II to firmware 1.20 ? I think it's sound very nice better than previous version 1.11.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #3,375 of 3,403
Hi guys , i was lucky to be able to purchase RS8 and wow i love the stage and holographic earthy smooth sound of this DAP , but i wonder is the bass a little light? I am comparing to some other amplifier i think RS8 is a little less in the bottom. I.e. comparing to more affordable dongle like DC elite and Q15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back