Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 4, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,711 of 1,979
I envy you guys who buy and sell, have sold a couple of times a long time ago and had a bad experience so now when I buy I make sure it is the right choice as its for keeps.
I personally sell only on local boards/classifieds: in person or prepaid by local delivery - easy, no risks and no fees.

Now I work in another country - desert with no city, absolutely no interest by locals, so I send to my parents and sell remotely, they just handle it for me. More complicated but still better than eBay with their outrageous fees.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,712 of 1,979
I envy you guys who buy and sell, have sold a couple of times a long time ago and had a bad experience so now when I buy I make sure it is the right choice as its for keeps.
I’m not keen on selling so I have so many DAPs, IEMs, Headphones and what not.
I always think I should sell some of the unused stuff, may be I should start.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,713 of 1,979
Just checked the ebay fees, wow indeed 13.5% on average is a hefty amount.
Have boxes and boxes full of garbage with old stuff mainly PC parts that I never sell when I upgrade, once in a while the Mrs invades my little room and I am told we do not have any more space and it all ends up in the tip.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #1,714 of 1,979
Just checked the ebay fees, wow indeed 13.5% on average is a hefty amount.
Have boxes and boxes full of garbage with old stuff mainly PC parts that I never sell when I upgrade, once in a while the Mrs invades my little room and I am told we do not have any more space and it all ends up in the tip.
Luckily for us here in Germany, private sales on eBay are free - 0 fees !
Hopefully they’ll implement this in other countries as well.

It was a recent change, starting from last year.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #1,715 of 1,979
Luckily for us here in Germany, private sales on eBay are free - 0 fees !
Hopefully they’ll implement this in other countries as well.

It was a recent change, starting from last year.
Really?! You are lucky. Yeah, why not clear the boxes and drawers then.

I wish I had that...the photo lenses and cameras are north of 100 already...unused iems about 30ish.. I would gladly spend a weekend listing all to free some unused cash for new stuff to tickle the g.a.s.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,716 of 1,979
I am facing an unexpected issue with my device, I do not have sound from the 3.5 mm output.

In the last few days, I have been listening using the 4.4 mm balanced output - using the stock cable of my RAPTGO HOOK-X because I wanted to feel how it sounds. It sounds Amazing!

Today, I unplugged it and plugged in my Volur with their 3.5 mm cable and I do not have sound from that output. I have restarted the device 3 times and also powered it off and on again another 2 times. Still the same, no sound from the 3.5 mm output. On the top of the screen there is the BAL icon, it stays there permanently, even after rebooting, even without any IEMs plugged in. I have sound only from the 4.4 output.

Is this a sudden fault on my device or is there a setting I am missing?
I thought that it should auto-detect which output is used, isn't it so?

@Joe Bloggs please advise ASAP!

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #1,719 of 1,979
Do you think that a factory reset will help?

@Joe Bloggs ?

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #1,720 of 1,979
Do you think that a factory reset will help?

@Joe Bloggs ?
Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about your issue, a factory reset may or may not help but yes that is what I would try at this point.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #1,721 of 1,979
Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about your issue, a factory reset may or may not help but yes that is what I would try at this point.

Best regards,
Joe

Hi,

I did a factory reset, first thing this morning, but it did not fix the issue

The issue:
No sound from the 3.5 mm output
The BAL icon displays permanently on the top of the screen
I have sound only from the 4.4 mm balanced output.

I've already emailed HiBy support but there's some kind of festival over there, so I got an automated reply that they will respond to me from Sunday onwards. I will also email HIFONIX UK from where I bought the device.

@Joe Bloggs
@ Everyone else

- Have you ever encountered such an issue?

Apr 5, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #1,722 of 1,979
Hi,

I did a factory reset, first thing this morning, but it did not fix the issue

The issue:
No sound from the 3.5 mm output
The BAL icon displays permanently on the top of the screen
I have sound only from the 4.4 mm balanced output.

I've already emailed HiBy support but there's some kind of festival over there, so I got an automated reply that they will respond to me from Sunday onwards. I will also email HIFONIX UK from where I bought the device.

@Joe Bloggs
@ Everyone else

- Have you ever encountered such an issue?
Not on this exact dap. On the one I did encounter such issue it disappeared in a weird way:

1) Installed UAPP and set it to bit perfect mode and played some flacs

2) Plugged both 3.5 and 4.4 simultaneously, and was unplugging and replugging each of them separately or simultaneously during playback as per 1)

3) I was also taking the volume to 0 and back to maximum while repeating 2)

I understand that that's the weirdest thing to do, especially 1) shouldn't have an impact.... but it did solve it for me on an older model, circuitry voodoo... Won't hurt to try anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #1,723 of 1,979
Stupid answer I know but I assume the volume isn't at zero? The factory reset should have ensured it isn't but it's something to look at.

Did anything happen the last time you used it or has the 3.5mm output ever worked?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #1,724 of 1,979
Hi, thanks for your answers.

@Simon Patten
The volume is not at zero. I was using the 3.5mm output since I've bought it, around March 26, 2024. Two days ago, I've thought to try 4.4mm to feel how Balanced sounds. So, I've used the stock cable of my RAPTGO HOOK-X. After I've unplugged it and plugged a 3.5mm cable in, I was not getting any sound.

I could try what's suggested but for me this device is defective. It should not behave like this, especially after a factory reset.
I have emailed HIFONIX UK a few minutes ago and I will send it back tomorrow, most probably, for replacement.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #1,725 of 1,979
Thats where I got mine from and also the 109's , spoke to the owner a couple of times in the past and am sure he will sort it out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back