HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 23, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #5,927 of 6,628
Ok it won't work.
That's link from quote above is from 2018 . My bad for not read it with warning. I might have to cobtact with local retailer to send mine back to Hiby. Hope they can do anything with this.
The *only* other thing I would try would be to re-start the OS update process again using HiBy and Joe's instructions. .. perhaps it will complete. (Since it's bricked there isn't much to lose.)

May 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #5,928 of 6,628
On my Android 8.1.0 R6 Build Number 1.12GBeta the Hiby app is HiBy Music R6 International Professional Edition v1.3.5
I like to keep my apps and ops up but does any update significantly change hiby sound?
I really want to know what cans people are finding match well keeping the cost away from British stupid crazy prices.

A neighbor loaned me both the noble “drop” iem’s (drop.com) and they are “ah.. very nice”. The r6 is a sleeper...

jhv

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #5,929 of 6,628
I like to keep my apps and ops up but does any update significantly change hiby sound?
I really want to know what cans people are finding match well keeping the cost away from British stupid crazy prices.

A neighbor loaned me both the noble “drop” iem’s (drop.com) and they are “ah.. very nice”. The r6 is a sleeper...

jhv
Only 2 I regularly use with my R6 are my Oppo PM3`s and my It04`s.......both on balanced and sound great

May 24, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #5,930 of 6,628
Hello everybody,

Very sorry to ask here.. i didn't read all the 394 pages of this thread so peharps this question has already an answer...
I am very interesseted about the R6 Pro (but the answer will be the same for R6 i think)
I would like to use it sometimes as a transport dac with my Shure kse1500. In that case, the R6 will be used as dac transport, and will be plug with usb lod on the shure kse dac, so anyone can tell if it is possible ? if it works ?

Yes. We call it an OTG adapter. You plug one into the R6 and it will work like a PC usb port for outputting sound to the KSE1500 :)

Latest R6 Firmware Version?

Hi.
My R6 is on:
*Android 8.1.0,
*Build number 1.12G Beta,
*HiBy Music AppR 6 International Professional Edition V1. 3.5.

Is my device up-to-date.?

(Wireless updates show it it is, but I've just read of v1.23....)

Thanks!
Charlie

YES. I have removed the link to the 1.23 manual update in question because of the problems posted here.

The *only* other thing I would try would be to re-start the OS update process again using HiBy and Joe's instructions. .. perhaps it will complete. (Since it's bricked there isn't much to lose.)

Yes, you can always reflash the R6 to a working early Oreo build or even Marshmallow using the instructions here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...unded-indiegogo.852042/page-349#post-14703786

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 25, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #5,932 of 6,628
Can you get the shop to do a blind test, then go with the ones you prefer on the day. I can understand people's reluctance to advise as I bought some iems highly rated by a 'professional' reviewer once and they sounded awful to me: overly bright with non-existent bass - you'd think a reviewer would've noticed such polarising attributes - our hearing can't be that vastly different.

Just out of interest why would someone buy the R6 now over the Pro?

The Pro's amplification circuitry has entirely been revamped, making it much better sounding (we are talking about a night and day difference here) and more powerful, allowing it to drive demanding headphones, it also doesn't suffer from the high output impedance of the original R6.

Finally it supports 4.4mm pentaconn output, which is the de facto (more reliable) open standard for balanced output as well as something manufacturers (with the notable exception of A&K promoting their own, not so open and not so reliable 2.5mm connectors) increasingly move towards. I shall add that the pentaconn plug is designed to have redundancy for every contact points, this means there are two contact surfaces per contact, making it much more reliable compared to 3.5mm or 2.5mm as it allows good contact even in the case of inserted dirty or weardown connectors. It is also less fragile than 2.5mm connectors and thus less prone to break down.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #5,933 of 6,628
Strange thing just happened
Was downloading music to offline on tidal

Came back and R6 was on boot loop.
Tried recovery still boot looping

Powered off and tried to do vol down and power but still looping

Any other tricks?

Been like this for an hour

May 26, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #5,934 of 6,628
My device state is locked

So basically my boot loader is locked and I can’t do a recovery or wipe device

All because I started downloading a tidal playlist to offline

@Joe Bloggs mind helping?

May 26, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #5,935 of 6,628
Dear kdphan,

While the device is powered off you can
1. Press and hold the volume up button
2. While holding the volume up button, also press and hold the power button for a few seconds

To enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

(The exact time you should start doing 1 and 2 while bootlooping is a bit unclear, but keep trying until it works :sweat_smile:)

Now, to enter recovery mode proper,
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the volume up button once.

From here, you can use volume buttons to scroll up and down among the options and power button to select the highlighted one. There's an option to view recovery logs, to see if anything related to the crash may be recorded there; there's also an option to Wipe data/factory reset, which you'd want to try to see if it solves your problem.

Sorry about your problems...

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #5,936 of 6,628
I've spent a few days using the R6 now and it's definitely aimed at single track people or streaming services and not album orientated playing. I do both but i mainly listen to full albums and the only way i can work out how to is to play by folders because it's not possible to change the order of the album filter from alphabetical to album artist.

I've not unleashed the true potential of the sound yet because i haven't got anything remotely hi end to plug in to but i have some decent IEM's on the way.

May 26, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #5,937 of 6,628
Dear kdphan,

While the device is powered off you can
1. Press and hold the volume up button
2. While holding the volume up button, also press and hold the power button for a few seconds

To enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

(The exact time you should start doing 1 and 2 while bootlooping is a bit unclear, but keep trying until it works :sweat_smile:)

Now, to enter recovery mode proper,
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the volume up button once.

From here, you can use volume buttons to scroll up and down among the options and power button to select the highlighted one. There's an option to view recovery logs, to see if anything related to the crash may be recorded there; there's also an option to Wipe data/factory reset, which you'd want to try to see if it solves your problem.

Sorry about your problems...

Best regards,
Joe
Hey Joe

The only screen besides the Hiby boot screen I can get into is this (holding volume down). Powering down and trying volume up + power only brings it to the hiby boot screen.

mEDdq7s.jpg

May 26, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #5,938 of 6,628
Finally got Roon on wireless. Nice that R6 is full Android, so it was easy to set it up as both a remote and an audio output device through the Roon core. Very nifty. Is it really useful? Debatable. But definitely will make it useful longer term if I get another DAP down the line for mobile use.

May 26, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #5,939 of 6,628
Hi Guys,

Just updated to Oreo, and i noticed that my R6 doesn't go to standby automatically, i.e. the screen will go dark after inactivity, but not standby. Anybody had this issue? I am on 1.12G beta

Thanks,
daduy

May 26, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #5,940 of 6,628
Hi Guys,

Just updated to Oreo, and i noticed that my R6 doesn't go to standby automatically, i.e. the screen will go dark after inactivity, but not standby. Anybody had this issue? I am on 1.12G beta

Thanks,
daduy
I notice the same: screen darkens at selected time, but the power indicator stays illuminated blue. I've taken to powering off R6 to conserve battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back