Heath Ledger as the Joker
Aug 3, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #33 of 53
Something like Richard Pyor or Chris Rock would say….

Or is it a Bill Cosby appropriate comedic standard

What about SNL or In Living Color?

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Get a sense of humor, loosen up

You made a Brokeback Mountain joke, and you're telling someone else to get a sense of humor?

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #35 of 53
You state the obvious
tongue.gif

But some people are obviously touchier than others when “non pc” jokes are (perceived as being) made.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #36 of 53
Hell, when Ang Lee accepted the award for that picture, HE made that joke. It's so overplayed, it quite literally isn't funny anymore. Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past year, it is physically impossible to have a good sense of humor and still legitimately crack a joke relating to Heath being gay.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I wonder what Leno and Letterman would say on this.

Nothing that probably hasn't been said already.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #39 of 53
Your reality is your perception that’s what makes things interesting because we all to a certain degree have different takes on things. Overplayed is your perception that some others may share with you and others may not, but either way some people may still find it humorous.

I missed Ang Lee’s joke, so what exactly did he say? Yet it didn’t deal with this upcoming Batman movie casting of Heath as the Joker.

People aren’t joking about Heath’s sexuality, but the fictional character he played.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Only as a joke for the new Joker, “I wish I knew how to quit you Batman.”

Ang Lee looked at the Oscar, and said "I wish I knew how to quit you."

And oh my god, I know they're joking about the character. I understand where you were going with this joke. It died in before shipment, in the joke warehouse.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #41 of 53
I laughed for this news first but maybe there's a Joker inside Ledger after all.

newjoker.jpg

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
I laughed for this news first but maybe there's a Joker inside Ledger after all.

newjoker.jpg

Whoa, hey, that's not too bad.

Now I just need to hear his crazy laugh.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #43 of 53
I don’t find Lee’s joking comment to be as funny as the Batman parodies, but I suppose it might have been funnier if I saw it when it happened and than less funny if I heard something similar a second time.

Yet, even though, I’ve seen Chris Rock’s “Bring the Pain” a few times I still find it funny stuff.

I suppose your joke warehouse is quite full of it since if you hear something once or something similar to it, it's not funny to you anymore.

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #44 of 53
My joke warehouse is always well stocked, but I never use anything inside of it. The collectibility of each would decrease per usage.

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #45 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
I don’t find Lee’s joking comment to be as funny as the Batman parodies, but I suppose it might have been funnier if I saw it when it happened and than less funny if I heard something similar a second time.

Yet, even though, I’ve seen Chris Rock’s “Bring the Pain” a few times I still find it funny stuff.

I suppose your joke warehouse is quite full of it since if you hear something once or something similar to it, it's not funny to you anymore.

chris rock is as conservative as they come, and gets away with racist jokes because he's black. in his set he trots out every disgusting black stereotype there is. good for you rock! you made the white folk laugh and it's okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back