Heath Ledger as the Joker
Aug 1, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 53
I don't get it. Why are they doing another Batman movie with the Joker? The first one was well done. There are tons of villains to choose from. Why rehash the Joker? Is Hollywood that devoid of creativity?

Aug 2, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
How can you say that when there isn't even a series yet? They've only released one movie and haven't even start filming the second. At any rate I thought the new one was pretty good and did a far better job of making Batman look more human (he made mistakes and miscalculations, fell a couple of times, and wasn't impervious to pain, etc). About the only complaint I had was Bale's weird Batman voice when he was all suited up.

I think Bale was a terrible Batman. I think the previous movie were much better in portraying Batman. The entirely black costume with the single yellow emblem was what enthralled me the most as a child (granted I was like 3 when the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton was out). I had watched every single episode of the Batman animated series. I watched Batman: Mask of the Phantasm at least once a week and I was Batman every year for Halloween. And the action figures, OMG the action figures. I got a new one every week, I had every vehicle, every playset, every villian (my favorite was the Clayface that shot the mud clumps, and the flapping wings Manbat
smily_headphones1.gif
), and possibly every Batman character in production at that time (and my favorite was Lightning Batman).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Avid Batman fan huh? Did you watch the 90s TAS? 90s TAS all the way!

Yep
smily_headphones1.gif

That said, bring back the old Batman, with the black suit and yellow bat, with the sleek batmobile (not that dumb looking tank), with Commissioner Gordon and Robin, AND OF COURSE THE MOTHER screwIN BAT SIGNAL!!!!! How is Batman supposed to know there's trouble afoot if Commissioner Gordon doesnt turn on the bat signal? Bruce sees it in his mansion, presses the button or lifts the candle or slides the bookcase and go down into the lair and suits up.

The only compliment I can give Batman Begins is I love Michael Cain as Alfred.

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue
New batman series sucks anyway (coming from an avid Batman fan). Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson all the way!

Then you are just not an avid fan. Seriously. You may be a fan of the animated series, but go where Batman began (pardon the pun) and check out the comics. They took much from Batman Year One, which is widely regarded as being one of the best tellings of the Batman origin story.

I hope that Frank Miller continues to play a large hand in what they produce, story wise.

Pick up "The Dark Knight Returns". It's available in trade paperback. Grab "Year One" as well.

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Then you are just not an avid fan. Seriously. You may be a fan of the animated series, but go where Batman began (pardon the pun) and check out the comics. They took much from Batman Year One, which is widely regarded as being one of the best tellings of the Batman origin story.

I hope that Frank Miller continues to play a large hand in what they produce, story wise.

Pick up "The Dark Knight Returns". It's available in trade paperback. Grab "Year One" as well.

frank miller? i love his "hard boiled" books, but i have 3 words for you:
"all star batman"

Aug 2, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
frank miller? i love his "hard boiled" books, but i have 3 words for you:
"all star batman"

Argh. Must you remind us all of that horrible creation?

"What are you, dense? Are you dumb or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the godd*mn Batman."

Simply horrible.

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #24 of 53
In some ways, I'm happy with the casting, if only because it seems like an odd choice. It will insure avoiding a mere reprisal of Nicholson's Joker -- any who knows what to expect?

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #25 of 53
i think they should have three villains for the next movie: the joker, the smoker and the midnight toker.

i'd go see that.

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Argh. Must you remind us all of that horrible creation?

"What are you, dense? Are you dumb or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the godd*mn Batman."

Simply horrible.

Lol! I never said that everything he ever created was gold, but Year One and Dark Knight Returns are fantastic.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 53
so heath ledger played a gay cowboy. get over it you guys. you all acting like he personally came to your house and lifted your shirt-tails. he's an actor.

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
so heath ledger played a gay cowboy. get over it you guys. you all acting like he personally came to your house and lifted your shirt-tails. he's an actor.

Yeah, the comments here are getting rediculous.

My concerns with Ledger are his flexibility as an actor and his evil laugh. I really need to hear his laugh before I totally write him off. In no movie I've seen though has he really deviated much in character... has there been anything so far that he's been different in?

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #29 of 53
Only as a joke for the new Joker, “I wish I knew how to quit you Batman.”

Mark my words parodies will be made because of this casting. I think Ledger will make a fine Joker because if he can realistically portray himself as a happy cowboy the Joker should be a cakewalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back