Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #7,666 of 12,415
Quote:
come on bro, you're a HEAD-FI'ER......... that's the pot calling the kettle black.

Srsly. 

I had a guy come by my desk at work and saw the D100 under my laptop, and the Bottlehead Crack and HD600 sitting next to it all - and started asking some questions. When I said - "I'm a bit of a nerd about all this" he started saying, "No no - I love headphones and audiophile stuff too..." and all I could think was, dude, that just means you're a nerd too...

I told him about head-fi, we'll see if he joins up. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7,668 of 12,415
linglingjr, yes... but by the time you're into it enough to be on head-fi though - you're a geek.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #7,671 of 12,415
Theres a difference between geeks and nerds.. Nerds are into technology etc, but still have social skills.. Geeks, not so much.. Im a nerd :)
So my question is, was the girl a geek or a nerd??

Maybe in UK.... it's opposite around here.... anyone with any technical enthusiasm playfully considers themselves and people with common interest a "geek" not a "nerd"...

I myself found it humorous that the post was directed to a forum full of "audio geeks" saying she was too geeky for him.... its like announcing at halftime of a football game you didn't like a girl because she was too sporty.

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #7,672 of 12,415
Quote:
Maybe in UK.... it's opposite around here.... anyone with any technical enthusiasm playfully considers themselves and people with common interest a "geek" not a "nerd"...

I myself found it humorous that the post was directed to a forum full of "audio geeks" saying she was too geeky for him.... its like announcing at halftime of a football game you didn't like a girl because she was too sporty.

well actually i cant say what is in the uk either as im south african originally, thats the way they look at it over there..

hahaha i couldnt think of a better comparison if i tried!

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #7,673 of 12,415
Quote:
Theres a difference between geeks and nerds.. Nerds are into technology etc, but still have social skills.. Geeks, not so much.. Im a nerd
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol guys, can't tell between geek and nerd in her case. She's smart, but also into anime and cosplay and whatnot. I'm just turned off by her passion for manga (sorry no offence to people who like anime, it's just not my thing).

I'd be much more attracted to her if, say, she played an instrument, or plays sports (like hockey!).

I also think we're geeks and not necessarily nerds here on head-fi. We're headphone geeks, but most of us have many other hobbies I'm sure.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #7,675 of 12,415
Theres a difference between geeks and nerds.. Nerds are into technology etc, but still have social skills.. Geeks, not so much.. Im a nerd :)

Lol guys, can't tell between geek and nerd in her case. She's smart, but also into anime and cosplay and whatnot. I'm just turned off by her passion for manga (sorry no offence to people who like anime, it's just not my thing).

I'd be much more attracted to her if, say, she played an instrument, or plays sports (like hockey!).

I also think we're geeks and not necessarily nerds here on head-fi. We're headphone geeks, but most of us have many other hobbies I'm sure.

Just noticed you have 650 posts while discussing a girl with the hd650

Anyway, I've always considered nerds to be the ones that study 24/7 and have no social skills while geeks are the ones that are into tech.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #7,676 of 12,415
I saw a middle-aged man wearing Sennheiser CX-300 Precisions while on public transportation. He sat in front of me, but I was too shy to talk to him LOL. Maybe I'm a geek too. Haha.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #7,677 of 12,415
I saw a middle-aged man wearing Sennheiser CX-300 Precisions while on public transportation. He sat in front of me, but I was too shy to talk to him LOL. Maybe I'm a geek too. Haha.

Oh well =(
I find it hard to approach someone to talk about their headphones when you don't know if they even care about their sound quality.
Obviously if they have anything over $200, besides designer headphones, you can assume they care a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back