Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #4,801 of 12,415

Quote:
Beats double as a tactical weapon though.  Plastic shrapnel from a good smack can kill a man.  You didn't think they made them so cheaply for no reason, did you?

Err.. depends.. I have broken one by accident, and it didn't cut me..i always prefer using them 30 pence earbuds with metal casings.

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #4,803 of 12,415

Quote:
You were just using it wrong!  You have to beat™ it into your enemy for maximum effectiveness.  Disguising such a dangerous weapon as headphones was brilliant of Monster.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #4,807 of 12,415
What just happened to me:

I'm standing in line at a UPS store (having just made a deal for a pair of my headphones in the Head-Fi Classifieds) and there's a guy in front of me who is putting mountains of tape on three boxes. He says two things to the attendant that intrigue me:

1) When asked for the address he uses the words "care of Google."

2) When asked how much insurance he wants he says "$600."

I asked him about the boxes, and he tells me that they're speakers that he's sending to one of his friends. I told him that I was in that store because I was shipping a pair of headphones I had sold. He asks me what kind they are. I flashed him the box (Ultrasone PRO 2900) and he got all excited. He said that Ultrasones' are nice, and that he has a pair of "Modified T50RP's. Wood cups. Also known as Thunderpants."

I told him that I was aware of that, and that I had just bought myself a pair of Hifiman HE-500's. He said that those are nice, and that if I'm "into headphones"  I should go to a website... "Head dash Fi dot org."  To which I respond "I am always on that website."

He told me that I was the first person IRL that he's met who knows of Head-Fi. I echo'd the statement. Then we parted ways.

Fate?

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #4,808 of 12,415
Nice story Reber975, but I was intrigued over the whole "care of Google" statement.

Aug 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #4,809 of 12,415
Well, he was sending the speakers to "<name> care of Google" (I don't remember what the name is, not that it matters anyway). It just peaked my interest to hear of someone who works at Google.
redface.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #4,812 of 12,415

Quote:
What just happened to me:

I'm standing in line at a UPS store (having just made a deal for a pair of my headphones in the Head-Fi Classifieds) and there's a guy in front of me who is putting mountains of tape on three boxes. He says two things to the attendant that intrigue me:

1) When asked for the address he uses the words "care of Google."

2) When asked how much insurance he wants he says "$600."

I asked him about the boxes, and he tells me that they're speakers that he's sending to one of his friends. I told him that I was in that store because I was shipping a pair of headphones I had sold. He asks me what kind they are. I flashed him the box (Ultrasone PRO 2900) and he got all excited. He said that Ultrasones' are nice, and that he has a pair of "Modified T50RP's. Wood cups. Also known as Thunderpants."

I told him that I was aware of that, and that I had just bought myself a pair of Hifiman HE-500's. He said that those are nice, and that if I'm "into headphones"  I should go to a website... "Head dash Fi dot org."  To which I respond "I am always on that website."

He told me that I was the first person IRL that he's met who knows of Head-Fi. I echo'd the statement. Then we parted ways.

Fate?

Who was it?

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #4,813 of 12,415
We of course never exchanged usernames. He rushed out of there and it was my turn to ship something.

If you were in the UPS Store in Hood River Oregon today around 1:30 pm please, let me know!

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back