Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #4,831 of 12,415
Huh..I just read a few pages ago that the Beatz sound better while amped. I thought they couldn't be amplified due to their internal circuitry..or could they? Yikes..What if they were only mediocre sounding due to under-amping? *Quivers*

Also, that picture earlier in the thread is indeed Freddie Wong. It's from one of his behind the scenes videos. But which one it was escapes me..

Anyway, I was flying from Virginia to Washington State. And I was surprised to have only got a few sightings. Sadly, no good cans. A bose AE and three ibuds in the terminal..Then a bose OE, Koss UR-15, Beatz Ztudio, and some sort of vintage earmuff-looking headphones on the airplane. Huh..what if they were modified earmuffs? o.O

Oh, and finally, at Staples, I sighted a notebook on sale with a picture of Sennheiser HD 595's hooked up to a turntable on the cover. Perfect for any student from Head-fi^^!

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4,832 of 12,415
Quote:
Huh..I just read a few pages ago that the Beatz sound better while amped. I thought they couldn't be amplified due to their internal circuitry..or could they? Yikes..What if they were only mediocre sounding due to under-amping? *Quivers*

AFIK only the Studios are ANC with an internal amp so it depends which version of the Beats was being mentioned.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #4,834 of 12,415
On the bus with my UM customs and some 20's looking guy comes to me and asks if these were JH's. I said no and turned around to my amazement of Denon D2000s dangling over his neck. I was bewildered first by someone asking me if I was using JH's and secondly because an actual stranger with a good knowledge of headphones came to ME muhahahaahahha. I knew I should have used my UMs that day instead of my Etymotic HFs LOL

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4,836 of 12,415
Beats Solo today, along with some Skullcandy Lowriders. The Beats guy almost called me out until I glared at him. Otherwise, yesterday, I saw some guy on the beach with a metal detector, wearing what looked like Shure 840's. Except they were reinforced with metal on the sides, on the cups and partway up the headband. Looked like quite the headphone.

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #4,837 of 12,415
Shure SRH240 on a guy walking passed me.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #4,838 of 12,415
2 guys at my school, one wears a pair of Sony MDR V-100's, which I cannot find anything about on the internet, and the other guy claims to DJ and has a pair of MDR-500's. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #4,839 of 12,415
^ where in SC are you/do you go to UCSC?

I saw ATH M50's, gold turbines, ety hf2's, klipsch S4's, some skullcandies and some ibuds. Man, the things you see when you get on BART. Headphones all over the place.

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #4,840 of 12,415
Theres a guy in my apartment complex with a UE triple-fi 10 and a few with with Beats Studios.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #4,841 of 12,415
Does TV count? I believe it was Jorge Lorenzo right before the latest MotoGP race out on the track with his ipod and ibuds!?
eek.gif
You know those guys are loaded, they just don't know any better, someone get that man some KSC75s stat!

On this skateboarding show this guy had PX100s, i wish i saw him on the street so i could try them out. + A Million beats sightings from athletes of course.

Quote:
you two were meant to be? 
popcorn.gif

Love at first sight
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #4,843 of 12,415
Well while the economy spirals down the sinkhole, I was watching a Date-line news report on the New York stock exchange.

They panned to a room full of traders, busily focused at their desks and wouldn't you know it - there's a guy in a deep trance
with a pair of Grado 225i's on his head.

Deep in concentration over good tunes or market activities? Re-assuring nonetheless.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #4,844 of 12,415

Hey! I'm from SJI too, but I'm in junior college now. My classmate has the um3x, but there are a couple of UEs and Beats too.
Quote:

SJI my good man :) Trust me, the number of ACS(I) mentlegens supporting Beats are overwhelmingly so. As for RI, I guess they'd rather look at your MP3 player rather than the headphone connected to your MP3 player. Of course, that is another educated guess, seeing that most of my ex-classmates from RI look at my iPhone 4 rather than my expensive-looking Ultrasones.

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #4,845 of 12,415
I had my AD700's at school one day before school was out for summer (gutsy, I know hah) and my music teacher asked me if she could try them. We were doing paper work that day and once everyone went to work she plugged them into her desktop and wore them for the whole class. We talked after class (where I got them, price etc)

Walked in today and guess what was laying on her desk, none other than the stupidly colored beasts.

I feel accomplished. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back