Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #7,053 of 12,415
Quote:
but how do you use a LCD in public? with al the noise :) or do they isolate a bit?

with ANY Open back headphones, you dont necessarily have to be in utter complete silence to enjoy them.
yea sure your gonna hear alot of ambient noise. but you'll still hear music.

just dont Turn up the music loud or too high. you can get deaf that way

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #7,054 of 12,415
with ANY Open back headphones, you dont necessarily have to be in utter complete silence to enjoy them.
yea sure your gonna hear alot of ambient noise. but you'll still hear music.

just dont Turn up the music loud or too high. you can get deaf that way

Very true.
The LCD2 isolate more than grados that's for sure.
And yea, I listen to it at moderate levels while on the go (moderate levels for me is around 75dB-80dB) which is a fair amount louder than the ambient noises of cars and such.

On the metro it's pretty pointless using open backs though so I usually switch to my shures.

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #7,055 of 12,415
Very true.
The LCD2 isolate more than grados that's for sure.
And yea, I listen to it at moderate levels while on the go (moderate levels for me is around 75dB-80dB) which is a fair amount louder than the ambient noises of cars and such.
On the metro it's pretty pointless using open backs though so I usually switch to my shures.

When i see somebody with lcd2 or hd800 in public (i'd be mad if he doesn't use a decent amp) i'd run up to him to ask him is i can try them :)

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #7,058 of 12,415
Haha :) what can do you prefer the hd800 or the lcd2? I'll go out with my wharfedale tomorow :) wondering what looks i'd get :)

It really depends on my mood that day.
The LCD2 has better bass extension and slightly better impact and bass accuracy while the HD800 has better treble extension and clarity and soundstaging.
Sometimes the rolled off treble for the LCD2 is soft and appealing for my ears and other times I want to hear the high treble just as well as everything else.

I can't say I prefer one over the other.

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #7,059 of 12,415
It really depends on my mood that day.
The LCD2 has better bass extension and slightly better impact and bass accuracy while the HD800 has better treble extension and clarity and soundstaging.
Sometimes the rolled off treble for the LCD2 is soft and appealing for my ears and other times I want to hear the high treble just as well as everything else.
I can't say I prefer one over the other.

Many people say that the Wharfedale sounds a lot like the lcd2 if tha's true i can see what you mean with the nice bass extention, it is nice. What amp do you use with the lcd?

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #7,060 of 12,415
Many people say that the Wharfedale sounds a lot like the lcd2 if tha's true i can see what you mean with the nice bass extention, it is nice. What amp do you use with the lcd?

I use the O2 amp which I find brings out more of the treble of the LCD2 while it brings out more of the bass on the hd800 o.o
I think my ears are just messing with me...

I went to a headphone meet this past weekend, got to try some nice amps and I don't think I'd replace the O2 with either of them (Bryston amp and EF6 amp).
Bryston was far too harsh for my tastes while the EF6 was extremely dull for me (even with the HD800).

This is also my 1234th post!

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #7,061 of 12,415
I use the O2 amp which I find brings out more of the treble of the LCD2 while it brings out more of the bass on the hd800 o.o
I think my ears are just messing with me...
I went to a headphone meet this past weekend, got to try some nice amps and I don't think I'd replace the O2 with either of them (Bryston amp and EF6 amp).
Bryston was far too harsh for my tastes while the EF6 was extremely dull for me (even with the HD800).
This is also my 1234th post!

Congrats man!

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7,064 of 12,415
Yep read it :) i was always interested in an O2 for my upcoming hd600's (portable use :wink:) do you use a case for your hd800/lcd/?

I'm probably going to be ordering a Pelican 1400 case but that's like... $80 >.> (though to protect my $1000 headphones it's probably worth the investment).
At the moment I wrap them up in a towel (making sure the jack isn't next to the headphones where it can poke/scratch them) then put them in those re-usable grocery bags then into my school bag (or just carry them in the grocery bag).

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7,065 of 12,415
I'm probably going to be ordering a Pelican 1400 case but that's like... $80 >.> (though to protect my $1000 headphones it's probably worth the investment).
At the moment I wrap them up in a towel (making sure the jack isn't next to the headphones where it can poke/scratch them) then put them in those re-usable grocery bags then into my school bag (or just carry them in the grocery bag).

Ok thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back