Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #7,037 of 12,415
My friend recently "upgraded" from some Sennheiser HD428 to the beats studios that "have the most awesome bass ever". I told him that I could clearly tell what song he was listening to from a couple feet away, and he said "it's alright. You can't hear the words, only the beat"... smh

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #7,038 of 12,415
Quote:
No ******** way...
No wonder there was power when not plugged in via AC o.o
I will be bringing it to school tomorrow with my LCD2.

wow, if i saw someone walking in school rocking some Audeze LCD2's that'd be awesome.
then id get into a whole Headfi talk. comparing headphones and equipment

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #7,039 of 12,415
wow, if i saw someone walking in school rocking some Audeze LCD2's that'd be awesome.
then id get into a whole Headfi talk. comparing headphones and equipment

Aha.
Well someone approached me the other day while I was in the library with my Hd800.
I left him listen to them ;P
He seemed to enjoy them and started questioning why I was bringing them to school.
Apparently he's part of headfi as well but hasn't been on in forever.
http://www.head-fi.org/u/158908/luckeas

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #7,041 of 12,415
Quote:
No ******** way...
No wonder there was power when not plugged in via AC o.o
I will be bringing it to school tomorrow with my LCD2.

I can't believe you didn't know! 
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #7,042 of 12,415
I would be in total shock to see someone listening to their LCD-2's in public, or anything in the $500+ range in that matter.

You've never seen $500+?
hmm... Actually neither have I (if I exclude myself)
I used to own the t5p and I guess after several months with that I feel slightly comfortable bringing my hd800/lcd2 in public since the beats users would still be the primary targets for muggings.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #7,043 of 12,415
Quote:
Cool story =)
biggrin.gif

Is he reading that post right now? (Is he a member of head-fi)

I asked him, He said he was but isn't active or very active. he was a bit older and kind of had a rather hipster attitude about him but other wise a cool old dude. supposedly he got into headphones after being into speakers, but since you cant bring speakers to work :/

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,044 of 12,415
I saw some guy shopping with some Portapro on, but generally it's all Beats and Skullcandy with the odd Sennheiser PX100 or 200.

If I wear anything nice when I go out I generally get one or two admiring looks and half a million people looking at me like I'm a moon man, which is ok, because I am. Headphones also give me the perfect excuse to act like I'm in a world of my own, which is also true.

Gotta love the music, and gotta hate those people who think it's ok to blast it out on an iPhone speaker in public. Gotta hate all those white plastic iPod earphones too.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #7,046 of 12,415
Quote:
 Gotta hate all those white plastic iPod earphones too.

What really irks me are the ones walking around with one iBud dangling free and the other in their ear. Who wants to listen to just half of the music? 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #7,048 of 12,415
Quote:
Sometimes you need to listen to other people but if you're all alone, ya, I find that odd as well.

i dont see why that'd be weird.
of course if i wanted to indulge myself fully to music, id put both in my ears.
of course i cant, because im not one to wear IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back