Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #3,002 of 12,415
heads up. the 2 monster beats i have seen at my school is now up to 6. and yes i have noticed the people dont listen to them much they just wear them around their necks.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #3,003 of 12,415

Quote:
Lots of people at my school think its cool to wear DJ headphones to pose as DJs despite having no knowledge of what DJs do beyond "remix songs"

regarding this. i wear my shure srh750dj headphones to school. and not because they are dj phones. mostly because they sound good. but they are a little uncomfortable to carry around on my neck so i am probably going to start bringing my pioneer se m390 headphones to school again. in fact they arent bad headphones for $70 i highly reccomend them to people who are on a budget.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3,004 of 12,415
Like most of you guys, all i've seen at my school were the countless Beats, Skullcandy, iBuds, and Sony E10LPs. ;_; I think I've seen someone walking around with a pair of Senn CX300s but I can't be too sure, all I saw was the Senn logo on the side of some IEM. Tbh I can't tell what IEMs are what unless I stare directly at someone's ears for a second, and in the case that they notice me looking... bit too awkward...

Was in NYC last week on a train to Chinatown and I saw someone wearing a V700DJ, was using my 7506s at the time and I just exchanged glances with him. Don't really know if they're good or not but hell, it's a refreshing change. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #3,005 of 12,415
Another kid on my floor bought a pair of Beats (solo this time, but still).  Found out a friend on another floor has a pair of Sony XB500's, so that's a plus (better than everyone having skullcandy's, bose, and beats).  Also, one of my Ultimate captains saw my Phiaton MS 400's and said that he was looking at them like an hour before practice that day.  Gave him a listen, and he's pretty much sold on them now.  Finally, a person with some sense.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #3,006 of 12,415

Quote:
Another kid on my floor bought a pair of Beats (solo this time, but still).  Found out a friend on another floor has a pair of Sony XB500's, so that's a plus (better than everyone having skullcandy's, bose, and beats).  Also, one of my Ultimate captains saw my Phiaton MS 400's and said that he was looking at them like an hour before practice that day.  Gave him a listen, and he's pretty much sold on them now.  Finally, a person with some sense.

phiaton's are one of the more attractive phones I have seen, though the carbon fiber looks a little too flashy

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #3,009 of 12,415

Quote:
Some kid in my business class had some "expensive" Skullcandy's. My teacher thought they were Beats, she got excited. For the full story head over to the Non-audiophile Headphone whatever thread. 

...wow

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #3,011 of 12,415
I just saw 7 more people wearing beats that they got for Christmas at my school. Meh.

Apparently before Christmas they asked the resident headphone "expert" what to buy and of course they all got recommended beats. The headphone "expert" is considered to be a headphone expert just because he has everything by skullcandy and most of the beats lineup.... I was gonna quit buying headphones and do another hobby for a little while instead but it looks like im gonna have to empty my wallet even more just to prove my point that beats suck. well at least 1 of my friends got m50s, he was the one who was least interested into headphones and yet he was the one who didnt get beats.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3,012 of 12,415
ya it will be sad when i walk to school one day and the people who had beats had broken their hp's. while my shure srh750dj headphones are still going. then they will think twice before calling my headphones crap.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #3,013 of 12,415
two things

today brought my ath m50s to class. the kids around me listened and said they were amazing. apparently my friend also has grado 125s. this was the highlight of my day

then this rich kid, you know the type that dresses with clothes that cost tons, but don't really look good and he just follows trends? well this kid brings in his new beat pros and everybodys jaws dropping over them.  Luckily a kid in that class had tried my headphones, and the pros and he knows that it would be stupid to pay 450 for the pros.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #3,014 of 12,415

Quote:
two things

today brought my ath m50s to class. the kids around me listened and said they were amazing. apparently my friend also has grado 125s. this was the highlight of my day

then this rich kid, you know the type that dresses with clothes that cost tons, but don't really look good and he just follows trends? well this kid brings in his new beat pros and everybodys jaws dropping over them.  Luckily a kid in that class had tried my headphones, and the pros and he knows that it would be stupid to pay 450 for the pros.

the pros clamp like hell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back