Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #2,986 of 12,415
I saw a guy on a recent flight with a set of Sennheiser HD 25s, also a lady on the same flight with the good old Koss KSC 75s.  Last Saturday saw a girl walking around with a set of Sennheiser HD202s.  

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #2,990 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
the people who have studios at my school have them around their necks more than they have them on their ears.

Same with mine, I don't understand the point of having headphones that cost that much but never listening to them...

wouldn't you rather have them explode on your neck than your noggin?...hmmm...on second thought

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #2,991 of 12,415

I don't go to Eau Clair but I have some friends that live up there. I'm a Stout student myself. I guess there aren't many high quality headphones on campus because the majority of students would rather eat...but hey, I guess I'm just wired differently.  lol

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #2,992 of 12,415
She'll have to deal with deafness from turning on the Koss at max volume as they have zero isolation.

Quote:
I saw a guy on a recent flight with a set of Sennheiser HD 25s, also a lady on the same flight with the good old Koss KSC 75s.  Last Saturday saw a girl walking around with a set of Sennheiser HD202s.  

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #2,993 of 12,415
I saw some Jet Blue headphones the other day. I was so jealous. I wish I could listen to the high audio fidelity that them babies had to offer.

Just kidding.

I spotted a Grado 325i's on a mid 30-ish man today on the train and we sparked some good debates regarding Grado vs Sennheiser sound signature. I also saw a MIT student wearing some Sennheiser 600's. Needless to say, I high-fived him for his headphones. 
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #2,994 of 12,415
A friend (a music appreciator) let me listen to some stuff since he's been the one to expose to several great artists/genres. He just had a sad looking pair of Coby headphones. To be honest they didn't sound that terrible. Nowhere near my setup but still there is a big difference. I think I should get him a pair of KSC-75's. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #2,996 of 12,415
i think beats are also a fashion statement. its kind of like, "look at me i just spent 300 dollars so i must be cool."  The wesc headphones are becoming popular too, mainly also for fashion reasons. sad sad reality

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #2,998 of 12,415

Quote:
i think beats are also a fashion statement. its kind of like, "look at me i just spent 300 dollars so i must be cool."  The wesc headphones are becoming popular too, mainly also for fashion reasons. sad sad reality

i wonder how many are actually fake...quite a lot i would presume, ebay,it looks real, it's cheaper than MSRP, what's not to love 

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #2,999 of 12,415

Quote:

Of course they are. Headphones like Skullcandy wouldn't exist if nobody cared about how headphones looked. The really bad ones are the people who wear bose's around their necks, saying, "yeah, I'm better than you. I can afford bose's."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back