Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #2,221 of 12,415
This is how it is my at high school so it pretty much represents the average highschool.  (1200 people)

60% use standard apple earbuds

20% use skullcandy iems

15% use other cheap iem's/headphones

Of the remaining people there are like 20 or so pairs of beats, 20ish bose and a pair of SE530's (not mine btw) =)

Jul 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #2,222 of 12,415

Quote:
This is how it is my at high school so it pretty much represents the average highschool.  (1200 people)

60% use standard apple earbuds

20% use skullcandy iems

15% use other cheap iem's/headphones

Of the remaining people there are like 20 or so pairs of beats, 20ish bose and a pair of SE530's (not mine btw) =)

Man I would never have worn a set of SE530s to high school. I never would have made it out alive (and well that was about 20 years ago and the SE530s or iPods didn't exist
tongue_smile.gif
).

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #2,224 of 12,415

Quote:
Been seeing Grado Woodies all over the place, an Ultrasone ED8, a few Bose in-ears, and lo and behold, customs... Koreans get buy on small incomes, but they sure make them stretch!

Impressive. The best I've seen recently was some guy at the gym using a koss portapro. He was blaring it pretty loudly unfortunately. I could hear the music clearly enough to make out words about 10m away...

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #2,225 of 12,415

Quote:
Impressive. The best I've seen recently was some guy at the gym using a koss portapro. He was blaring it pretty loudly unfortunately. I could hear the music clearly enough to make out words about 10m away...

Usually, people use really crappy earphones that are worse than iBuds, but... but... at times around my place and certain geeky parts of town, people wear Grado and Bose. There is an affinity for American stuff even though Koreans say they don't like American stuff! But, then there was the Ultrasone... and Ultimate Ears customs that surprised me as those baddies are dosh-heavy.

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #2,226 of 12,415
Not really a sighting but...

I was sitting next to my friend talking while riding the subway and I hear this girl blasting her ibuds insanely loud. It was freakishly loud because she was sitting across from me and the subway is loud. I though she was deaf so I was talking to my friend about her at a louder than conversational volume because I had to speak over the subway noise and that she must have damaged hearing. Surprisingly she heard me and turned it down but I could still hear it
rolleyes.gif

And the funny thing is that I thought it was the guy next to her standing up with grados sr60i around his neck that had all that leakage hah.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #2,227 of 12,415
On Sunday, July 4th at around 11:00, I saw a guy with a PortaPro in tram 11 in The Hague. I saw a girl wearing one as well, some day last week. There was another girl wearing what looked like either a Sennheiser HD 205 or a Sony MDR-XB500. Still, there were tons of iBuds too, of course. I saw several football players on the World Cup wearing either iBuds, Bose TriPorts or Monster Beats by Dr. Dre (what an awful name, by the way).

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #2,232 of 12,415
Now that I think about it, I've never seen a Grado in Montreal. Maybe they just aren't that popular around here?

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #2,234 of 12,415

Quote:
^^ Grado limits shipments outside of the US, so they're incredibly expensive there.

Wow, I didn't know that grado is such a "fab" in NYC. I thought that only audiophiles buy grado products. Unless, audiophiles are prevalent in NYC? I'm going cross country by car, going south from Ontario to Florida, I hope I'll stop by.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #2,235 of 12,415
They're not Bose common, but I saw three in one day. Which is a good sign. All were Prestige series, probably SR60s and 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back