HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,156 of 1,464

4-5 days should be more than enough time. And you are responsible to get a hold of the next person in line to get their address as well. Should be pretty easy though

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

justin said in this thread it should be "about 3 days" and that total time, including transit time, from one person to another should be 5-6 days.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #1,157 of 1,464
The LCD-XC was waiting for me when I got home tonight 
biggrin.gif
I listened to it for about 45 minutes.

Initial impressions-
-Very pretty cups, (even came with wax!)
-Weight doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would...actually rather comfy
-Case it came in smells like a new car
-Soundstage very good for closed
-Very natural sound
-High end gets a little shouty (especially with some jazz trumpets/sax)
-female vocals sound heavenly, very intimate and detailed

That's all. Will spend more time with it tomorrow.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,158 of 1,464
If you're not going to insure the shipment, which will cost about $15, then please let me know so I can take your name off the list

Also, PLEASE DO NOT USE USPS. Use FedEx Ground or UPS if you have to, with a signature requirement. Yes, i know everyone has stories about which carrier they hate the most. However after 10 years of shipping packages I know that anywhere in the country a USPS packge is far, far more likely to become lost, misdelivered, or subject to some kind of mail carrier shenanigans 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,159 of 1,464
  If you're not going to insure the shipment, which will cost about $15, then please let me know so I can take your name off the list

Also, PLEASE DO NOT USE USPS. Use FedEx Ground or UPS if you have to, with a signature requirement. Yes, i know everyone has stories about which carrier they hate the most. However after 10 years of shipping packages I know that anywhere in the country a USPS packge is far, far more likely to become lost, misdelivered, or subject to some kind of mail carrier shenanigans 

Good point.  I use UPS at work and they are far more reliable and the insurance for the HD700 I sent last week up to Seattle was only an additional $5 I think for $800 coverage. 

Worth it - I recently had a problem with an Alpha Dog audition pair that bounced around Seattle and Portland for over a week and thank god it finally came back to me................for no reason.  Address was good, no delivery was attempted, etc.  I'm good with UPS and of course with using insurance. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,160 of 1,464
I usually (mostly) only ship with USPS, but UPS is doable as well so no problems on that end! Can't wait to try these!

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,161 of 1,464

So UPS or Fedex with signature. Insurance based on Headamp pricing?

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #1,163 of 1,464

I'm not a fan of using either but this is your demo program so I have zero issue using FedEx and insuring. This is a great program and I'm more than happy listening to the LCD-X's as we speak. Wasn't sure how much I would like their neutral sound sig but damn man... These things are amazing. What I have at the moment are my HE-400's w/ Alpha Pads (huge improvement btw) and my TH600's which to date are my favorite headphones ever and the Philips X1's. The X's make the bass of the TH600's sound slightly bloated and very unrefined when comparing the two. Huge difference. Now of course when the bass does start pumping they don't hit as hard the TH600's but its as close to perfect bass that I've heard in a headphone. At no point do you ever say man I wish these had just a touch more or I was the sub-bass was more present. Compared to the LCD 2's its not even close, I'd take the X's in a heartbeat 

Right now My set up is:
V1 DragonFly DAC
Pioneer SX-980 Set to flat with only the Loudness switched on
Portable SR-71a w/ Magnus 1-IC & Fiio E12 (It's an ok pairing) 
Foobar2000 with mostly 320 and above music. 

So its not super complicated or anything but I've gotten amazing results with everything I've used. The biggest surprise was the SR-71a paired with the X's. I had zero hope for this combo because of how bad it paired with my LCD 2's. But the X was a totally different story. It has zero problem pushing them to great full sounding limits. Totally unexpected results but of course the best was still my Vintage Pioneer. That thing could power the Sun and just brings another level to whatever I plug into it no really a shocker they go together as well as they do. What was surprising is I didn't think they would be as flexible as they are in regards to different types of music. I've got very odd taste in music so one minute I'll be listening to John Mayer Live (Don't hate) switch to Metallica, Esperanza Spalding, Dubstep (Nero), Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar,Drake, Chillstep, Yo-Yo Ma Goat Rodeo Sessions, The Roots, and Always finish with the King of Pop Michael Jackson. So Its not an easy mix of sounds to say the least and at no point did I feel it necessary to switch to another headphone regardless of how heavy the music got. They stood in there like champs and did an amazing job. 

Comfort is about the same as the LCD 2's but I assume that these are using the same pads as LCD 3's so there is definitely an improvement over the LCD 2's but they are still on the heavy side so its not that much of a difference but its clearly noticeable. Football jacked my neck up so I can only wear them for so long before the pain starts but they are still very enjoyable up until that point. 

Sound...My opinion is my opinion so I won't spend to much time talking about this. We all already know they are more neutral than the 2's but when I was thinking neutral I was thinking flat and somewhat boring (cough HD-800's) but that notion was quickly smashed the second I flipped the switch on. They still do all the things that we love about the Audeze line great but these have a much better soundstage than the 2's and mids are just butter. Every vocal note that came out was fantastic and the sound separation is second to nothing I've ever owned or listened to. They did a fantastic job of these headphones. 

Overall I'm very impressed. Absolutely love these and will definitely consider them when my fun money gets back to full strength. Now I will say I would have loved to have demoed these along with the HE-6 for a true heavyweight smackdown. I'll be shipping to the next person probably tomorrow or Monday at the latest depending on my schedule this weekend but I think I know what my big headphone purchase will be this year. 

Thanks again Justin 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,164 of 1,464

. Now I will say I would have loved to have demoed these along with the HE-6 for a true heavyweight smackdown.

evil_smiley.gif

I will have the LCD X demo along with my HE6. I will share any impressions my 51 year old ears come up with. Will be driving them both with antelope zodiac dac into sansui G9000db receiver. 

I will be out of town the 24th thru 29th this month so I am thinking the demo will come my way after that. I'm number 5 on the list. If not I'll have to drop out.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,165 of 1,464
Just an update-

LCD-XC sent today to the next person on the list. UPS, insured for 75% retail, signature required. In case anyone is wondering it cost $37.00
Thanks for the demo, Justin!
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,166 of 1,464
Just for my references, how are you guys getting such good rates?

When I checked ups and FedEx they wanted more then 40$ and that's BEFORE insurance....

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #1,167 of 1,464

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,168 of 1,464
Something's wrong if they were asking 40 dollars BEFORE insurance.  USPS large flat-rate boxes are 2 day delivery throughout the lower 48 and those are only 15 dollars without insurance.  The Last LCD2 I shipped for this program using UPS was around 23 dollars fully insured.

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #1,169 of 1,464
i dont understand the $40 either. If you used USPS Priority with insurance, purchasing at the counter, then yes, about $40. I just had some Picos returned from photography in PA, about 200 miles away, and the postage on the box was $38.75! I would have just sent him a FedEx label if i had known

Here are the FedEx rates for an Audeze headphone from my location in Virginia to a residential address in Connecticut, or about 400 miles, which is a longer distance than most of the demo shippings will be.  The left is the published rate which you should pay in the store. This includes insurance of 75% of the retail price of the headphones.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #1,170 of 1,464
I think i figured it out. I didn't check the box for residential delivery and declared full retail value. I also didn't realize insurance was included by default.

Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back