HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jun 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #721 of 1,464
Quote:
Quote:
looking at the votes so far, it will be the Momentum and HD700.  i was already planning on the Momentum for one of them.

after that, i might consider something like the HD600 and HD650 together, so people who have neither can hear the difference for themselves and decide which one they like better or if the HD650 is worth $100 more

I would really like the HD600/HD650 one.

-Erik

I like this option too: it would allow a fair A/B comparison between the two.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #722 of 1,464
Quote:
looking at the votes so far, it will be the Momentum and HD700.  i was already planning on the Momentum for one of them.

after that, i might consider something like the HD600 and HD650 together, so people who have neither can hear the difference for themselves and decide which one they like better or if the HD650 is worth $100 more

Looks perfect to me.  I've been wondering about the 700 for awhile now and would like to check the Momentum against my V-Moda M-100.

Justin rocks.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #723 of 1,464
I'd to potentially be down to demo the Momentum. Though I have to check my two local Best Buys first.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #725 of 1,464
Quote:

Sounds good to me! I already have the HD650's and am very happy with them so there is really no need for me to sign up for that one but no doubt I'm very interested to hear the HD700's so I'll be waiting for that sign up list. Also can't wait to see where I am on the TH600 list too. All in all its going to be a good summer.

Oh, who ever is next on the Stax list prepare yourselves, as soon as I get an address they'll be coming your way!! They are flat out amazing and that Pico Dac is so clean. I paired it with my new Continental V3 and HD650's and I've never heard such clarity and before. The bass is very very light coming through the Pico but the space and detail is the best I've ever heard from a dac. Great product right there. All around this was an awesome demo. Cheers
beerchug.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #726 of 1,464
Wow.  There's definitely new life and enthusiasm in this thread.  I'm loving it.  Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for HD800 demos someday (especially if I can't make it onto the TH600 list) because having a couple of days to compare them to my HD650s will help me figure out if my irrational desire to upgrade to them is justified or if I should get some closed cans first.

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #727 of 1,464
Justin, since we all know the HD 800 needs a nice chain to sound good, so how about letting us demo it with the GS-X? 
atsmile.gif

But seriously, I'd like to hear the HD 700 and see if it's really deserving of it's spot just below the HD 800. The reviews on it are very divided.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #732 of 1,464
Don't worry too much about the smoke smell, it disappears over time.

My SR-303 smelled AWFUL (like a combination of cigarettes and an old folk's home) when I got them, but the smell was gone after a few weeks.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #735 of 1,464
i will try to get the Fostex Th-600 list put together today and the headphone shipped out

meanwhile, i have added the Fostex and Sennheiser selection to the HeadAmp Order Page, and am bringing back the free next day shipping with discount code NEXTDAYSUMMER

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back