HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jan 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #46 of 1,464
Great stuff then. Thank you very very much for offering this opportunity! 
L3000.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #47 of 1,464
This is pretty cool. This doesn't happen every day so this is quite the nice opportunity for someone interested in these headphones to try them out at a minimal cost of shipping (although I would imagine some kind of refundable deposit as well but still better that paying the whole thing)

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #48 of 1,464
scratch me off the list for demoing the he-500 Justin. Thanks anyways, going to enjoy my HE-400, don't want to be tempted by the dark side just yet.

Just got these HE-400.

Comparing the two would be awesome, but not in my benefit given I like to go overboard.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #49 of 1,464
Quote:
I have enough experience with it.  Fedex 2-3 day ground costs a little more than USPS medium flat-rate.  If you want to make it faster than that, it costs way more.  If the Audez'es are too big for a medium flat rate box, then I'll use Fedex to save myself 3 dollars.  You don't have to worry about a line at the post office if you generate your flat-rate sticker online. Free tracking?  Please.  Tracking on a 2-3 day shipment is for people with too much time on their hands sitting at work in front of their computer who are too anxious to get their item.  They're probably watching unboxings of their item on youtube on their other monitor as well.

To correct you on a somewhat important point, there's no such thing as "FedEx 2-3 day ground". Their 2-3 Day options, which are both air-based, are called 2Day and Express Saver. Ground is the cheapest (and slowest) option and can take as quick as 3 days, depending on zone distance.

If you seriously think tracking "is for people with too much time on their hands sitting at work in front of their computer who are too anxious to get their item", I hope for your sake, that if you intend on using USPS, that everyone in the demo program actually receives their headphones and Justin gets them back. The point of tracking is to ensure that an item is delivered and not lost, which is especially important on high-value items such as the headphones in the demo program. I'd hope that no one, including you, actually use USPS to ship any of the items in this demo program, as it's too risky for that reason. If they lose a package, it becomes virtually untraceable.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #50 of 1,464
You seriously have a vendetta against USPS.  You can get the additional tracking and delivery confirmation on a USPS flat rate free when you generate their shipping stickers online.

I'll give you the fact that Fedex charges less for insuring something that's say, 1000 dollars compared to USPS.  But the question is, is everybody willing to truly cover their shipment on a loaner item and pay for insurance.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #51 of 1,464
What are you guys talking about? a few dollars more or less shouldn't matter. This is a great oppurtunity to try some great headphones. This beats anything else. You can use it on your own gear, own Music and in your own room.

Be glad they don't charge a small rental fee. If only i'd live in the us.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #52 of 1,464
I got no problem paying for insurance if I get to audition some free high end headphones if that's what Justin wants.  Insurance or not, at the end of the day I'll be choosing whatever's cheaper between USPS or Fedex when I ship the headphones to the next anxious recipient. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #53 of 1,464
I know it says US residents only but you think there might be an off chance of the tour being expanded into Canada for the STAX and HifiMan stuff if there's enough interest shown by Canadian head-fiers?

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #54 of 1,464
In for LCD-2. I love my HE-400 but I think on the highest of ends I'll want different companies, and since I find most of the high-end Sennheiser models to be a bit too ... relaxed for my tastes, I've had my eyes on the LCD-2 for awhile now. Would be great to try. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #55 of 1,464
Quote:
I know it says US residents only but you think there might be an off chance of the tour being expanded into Canada for the STAX and HifiMan stuff if there's enough interest shown by Canadian head-fiers?

right now, no.  maybe in the future. 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #56 of 1,464
Jan 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #59 of 1,464
Heya,

I'm in.

Hrm.. which to choose. LCD2 for me. I used them, but I didn't get to try HE500 & LCD2 together at the same time. Would love to do that again on my new tube-dac & speaker amp setup.

I think it's hilarious that people are arguing over shipping and worried about cost. You're trying a flagship headphone and asked to ship it for like a few dollars. Come on people. I'd pay $100 to borrow a headphone that costs 10 times that for a few days and not be bound to owning it. Think of it like a bar-tab. Sheesh.

Sweet Demo, thanks Justin.

Very best,

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #60 of 1,464
Quote:
Heya,

I'm in.

Hrm.. which to choose. LCD2 for me. I used them, but I didn't get to try HE500 & LCD2 together at the same time. Would love to do that again on my new tube-dac & speaker amp setup.

I think it's hilarious that people are arguing over shipping and worried about cost. You're trying a flagship headphone and asked to ship it for like a few dollars. Come on people. I'd pay $100 to borrow a headphone that costs 10 times that for a few days and not be bound to owning it. Think of it like a bar-tab. Sheesh.

Sweet Demo, thanks Justin.

Very best,

Mal,

You need to try the HE-6 with the mini X..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back