Head-Supremus: Real or Myth?
Aug 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #991 of 1,055

Quote:
No, more like just rewards for the wisdom and quality of posts I bring to this rabble (lol).

I can't wait to get the personalised Orpheus, engraved with my custom tag, that the Uber-Supremi Brotherhood has seen fit to endow me with.

That would be Uber-Supremi, i think i may just have to have a LE Audeze instead?

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #992 of 1,055

Soldering is easy.
Soldering properly can be extremely hard at times. Some parts need a little preparation such as components with nickel plating, or old components with dirty/corroded leads.

Start with something like a Starving Student and you will get the bug when it works - usually first try if you take a little care in watching things like orientation of components.

Pretty much.

Just be careful not to solder in the resistors backwards.

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #993 of 1,055

Quote:
wink said:

Soldering is easy.
Soldering properly can be extremely hard at times. Some parts need a little preparation such as components with nickel plating, or old components with dirty/corroded leads.

Start with something like a Starving Student and you will get the bug when it works - usually first try if you take a little care in watching things like orientation of components.

Pretty much.

Just be careful not to solder in the resistors backwards.

Done that a few times too many. Kept wondering how come they didn't measure properly in circuit. Had to unsolder them and test them, and all was OK.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #996 of 1,055

Quote:
Hey wink, just saw you on the Supremus forum. Has your welcome pack arrived yet?

Yep, the personalised monogrammed Sennheiser Orpheus set is on it's way.

Got the con note number, and am looking up it's progress every couple hours.
The Aristeus amp is a no-go. It got fried. Someone borrowed it and tried to run a LCD-2 off it. He has a mohawk haircut now.........

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #999 of 1,055

Quote:
Did you guys enter that awesome giveaway on the Supremus forums?

You mean person... 
wink.gif

That's us Head-Supremuses all over.........

Yeah, the giveaway is a bottler.  Almost makes me want to break my vow of silence, but forfeiting the incentive to keep quiet is too much.

BTW, you never heard any of this here........

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #1,003 of 1,055
Aussies? I thought about paying a visit Down Under, but am a bit leery of the Drop Bears.

The Drop Bears sound like they're more difficult to deal with than the Chupacabras we have around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back