Head Fi's Balanced Battalion
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 97

Gosh, after all these years there are people still out there who think this makes a difference.

Well it does make a differance, the differance is in the Design of the Amplification circuit. Though RedCar makes a nice point :3, we'd better be ready to ward off the trolls! I need to send Jason at Schiit an email asking if and he Mike can explain to us why they think balanced is better

I'll slap that on my Orignal Post, I think Jason's Opinion is enough to count as concrete grounds

Please, This is an appreciation thread.
Its not here to debate if balanced is better than single ended or not. We don't want this heading south before we even get started. :)

I'm joking...... Something about the Battalion term triggered it.

All is cool.
tongue.gif

welcome welcome! Post pics and we shall add thy name! 

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #17 of 97
Well it does make a differance, the differance is in the Design of the Amplification circuit. Though RedCar makes a nice point :3, we'd better be ready to ward off the trolls!

That's Ha ha all I'm saying........ I love the equipment I heard balanced.

And I like the thread title name:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #18 of 97
That's Ha ha all I'm saying........ I love the equipment I heard balanced.

And I like the thread title name:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Huzzah! but yea man your welcome to join us! Ideally we'd like to be the Go To place for any questions about balanced gear, from amps dacs to headphone cables! Just need pics

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #19 of 97
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 97
Sexy  SEXAH! 

Loving those Cables though! I will say Franks Cables were my first Balanced Modular Pair [that I paid for]

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #21 of 97
This is my simple rig:

Amp: Blue Circle PaG, with BC509 DAC and BCG 3.1 external powersupply..custommade for me.
Headphone: Referencesounds (LFF) Code-X #15 'Black Edition' (total woody custom version)
Headphone cable: Toxic cables Copper Venom RC8 (only one in existence until now), balanced, dual mono, Valab true carbon dual 3pin XLR, 8wire, 22AWG, solid retangular wire, Ruby red french silk sleeving..custommade for me
Powercables: 2x Blue Circle Bc62, 10 AWG..custommade (only shown on the pic with the new red cable in it..u can see them in the back connected to wall)
USb cable: Blue Circle Bc98
And some juicy helpful BC filtering :wink: i included a pic of those (very ugly duckling looking) weird but very efficient stuff.

check that even my powersupply is connected by a thick 4pin xlr to the main amp..now is that balanced extreme or not :D and u wont believe it, but even my Solid Tech Radius Solo3 RACK is balanced..check the top level..its springmounted..so it balances on springs and is weight tunable, and check the feet under the components..YEP u guessed it: pistons all the way inside and rubber rings to finetune for weight on outside.... :p

.i am balanced until the last part in my rig :p

The internal built (but isolated in on its own board seperated from the rest of the amp) dac BC509 is also 100% balanced..
Enjoy the pics..my aplogies for the bad quality..am an amateur in the end after all :wink:

Ps...the black classy cable on some pics is my custom BLack Widow that, yep u guessed it, was also custommade for me by toxic cables...its now on its way to its second very lucky owner and the only true toxican, as damn...i cant remember any other person owning such amount of toxic cables and headphones ..u know who you are :D

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #24 of 97
This is my simple rig:

Blue Circle PaG, with BC509 DAC and BCG 3.1 external powersupply..custommade for me.
Toxic cables Copper Venom RC8 (only one in existence until now), balanced, dual mono, Valab true carbon dual 3pin XLR, 8wire, 22AWG, solid retangular wire, Ruby red french silk sleeving..custommade for me
Powercables: 2x Blue Circle Bc62, 10 AWG..custommade (only shown on the pic with the new red cable in it..u can see them in the back connected to wall)
USb cable: Blue Circle Bc98
And some juicy helpful BC filtering
wink.gif
i included a pic of those (very ugly duckling looking) weird but very efficient stuff.

check that even my powersupply is connected by a thick 4pin xlr to the main amp..now is that balanced extreme or not
biggrin.gif
and u wont believe it, but even my Solid Tech Radius Solo3 RACK is balanced..check the top level..its springmounted..so it balances on springs, and check the feet under the components..YEP u guessed it: pistons and springs all the way inside....
tongue.gif

.i am balanced until the last part in my rig
tongue.gif

The internal built (but isolated in on its own board seperated from the rest of the amp) dac BC509 is also 100% balanced..
Enjoy the pics..my aplogies for the bad quality..am an amateur in the end after all
wink.gif

Ps...the black classy cable on some pics is my custom BLack Widow that, yep u guessed it, was also custommade for me by toxic cables...its now on its way to its second very lucky owner and the only true toxican, as damn...i cant remember any other person owning such amount of toxic cables and headphones ..u know who you are
biggrin.gif

Very nice man :3 thanks 

Woohoo...

I'm sub'd. Will post some piccies soon. All my phones except my HD600 and W5000 are balanced.

oh man the W5000 theres a phone I'm still curious about... love my W1000X [modded] for sure, though we've got the W1000Z out now for the same price as a used W5000 so I wonder

but yea man happy to have you :D 

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 97
Very nice man :3 thanks 

oh man the W5000 theres a phone I'm still curious about... love my W1000X [modded] for sure, though we've got the W1000Z out now for the same price as a used W5000 so I wonder

but yea man happy to have you :D 

Oops i forgot to mention my headphone...its added now :cool:

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #26 of 97
Oops i forgot to mention my headphone...its added now
cool.gif

Oh snap! Another Wood Modded Hifiman! [well it was a Hifiman ish xD]

still VERY nice man, I wish I coulda heard a Code X <.<

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 97
Oh snap! Another Wood Modded Hifiman! [well it was a Hifiman ish xD]

still VERY nice man, I wish I coulda heard a Code X <.<

Lolz :D
Well..not really..its even worse....mine is not wood modded..it was a woody originally..as it came as an original very are HE5 out of the factory...the builder of the code-x'ses could get hold of 20 original NOS HE 5's, boxed new..and as u know..those were the last original hifimans being full woodies...taken apart by Luis and then rebuilt (new wood and leather) and extensively modified internally from the ground up i understand.

Mine got a little extra TLC from Luis inside and outside, mine is the only matt black dy'ed and finished in a uniquely special beeswax of those 20, as i wanted a vintage look, like those old pistols/muskets pirates used in the past, a look no one else would come up with, as i dont do standard...as i am a weird dude :D
.the others are brown woodies and finished in regular way.
..the customs (read thiefs..lolz) here in the netherlands even believed it was an old/second hand used headphone...the finish was done so perfectly, it looks as if its made in the golden ages, the times when the best violins were made..i.didnt pay a dime for customs!! YEAH :D
And yup...sounds very special..took ages to burn in though!

Thanks for the nice words though :p

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #28 of 97
Can I play?

Linum Bax cable just after I finished re-terminating it with the Hirose 6-pin.

The Linum is a stupendously skinny cable - here it is next to the Noble SPC cable.

Linum (while still 2.5mm TRRS) vs. Noble/Hirose.

DX90 -> Solid core pure silver DIY IC -> DIY 28AWG SPC w. Hirose -> Noble Kaiser 10

I do all my own stunts cables 
redface.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #29 of 97
And btw - great idea with this thread! My already formidable K10 took on a whole new dimension when  I maded the jump to balanced, now there's just no going back for me. I do own a set of non-balanced cans tho - The Philips Citiscape Uptown ($40) that I use with my phone sometimes because I'm just not comfortable mowing the lawn while wearing $1600 ciems. Maybe I should grab some Portapros for re-cabling...

Cheers from Denmark! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #30 of 97
Funnily enough Ive just ordered a pair of Sony MDR-570LP for winter use.
Ive been struggling with pain in my ears for the past 4 months, And its a bad infection.
Cant use my In-Ears at all as it hurts too much to even try to put them in.
Im not happy about any of my existing cans getting exposed to the elements so I jumped on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back