Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #6,962 of 12,596
  Wasn't there a mystery some pages back about "frosted" ASG 2.5?  From the link posted a page ago I noticed these:

http://www.musicandmorestore.de/in-ear-kopfhoerer/aurisonics-asg-2-5-frosted.html

Yes - these are the sound signature of the ASG2.5 - they are the frosted finish, which was just before we reduced the available finishes to the Red and Black versions.

Kind regards

Andy

May 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #6,963 of 12,596
Guys let's try and keep that stuff to the asg thread. We need to talk about some bass!!

Listening to my Ref 1 Too right now. Angry Eminem... Making me happy. Oddly, I'm not a fan of the bass in lots of his songs. When he raps with D12, it's much better. Love D12.

May 2, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #6,965 of 12,596
I thought the Forte's bass hit exactly like the Kicker with better sounds across the spectrum in every way.

If have been very curious to test the Forte against the 2.5. In terms of bass I know the 2.5 reigns supreme though I am still interested in how they compare in the rest of the ranges

May 2, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #6,967 of 12,596
A number of people have commented on the asg g2.5 vs the Forte and kicker. Kicker from what I remember, was best without an amp. That's all I can say. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haven't heard either Forte or kicker though, and I'm happy enough with the G2.5.

chillaxing I agree with what you said, just don't want to have another issue here with equipment talk, where to get it, vs bass talk. Just trying to keep balance, and peace. Don't need another lock down here brother.

May 2, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #6,969 of 12,596
Anybody heard the LEAR LUF-BD4.2? I know people said the AE1d was nice and these have dual DDs and quad BAs.

http://www.lear-eshop.com/products/55561c8ce37ec614d7000051

this sounds like trinity audio Master!

May 2, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #6,970 of 12,596
Anybody heard the LEAR LUF-BD4.2? I know people said the AE1d was nice and these have dual DDs and quad BAs.

http://www.lear-eshop.com/products/55561c8ce37ec614d7000051

I tried to get my hands on those but they (Lear) are really moving on towards other stuff. They have a NOS thing they want the world to know about. I kinda wanted to try those.

May 2, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #6,971 of 12,596
Totally off topic but you guys have to check this out. Amazing...

https://youtu.be/fPcLZxiCwp0

Im searching for bass tracks like this. They have one with thunderstorms... But a little hard to find.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

About to watch Hawaiibadboy new video with mojo and Ref 1 Too. Might stop midway to change to my Sony Xb90ex, see if he sounds different. :wink:

Woah that was pretty damn cool and interesting to hear such depth and direction for essentially stereo sound (IEMs no less). I watched a few more of them too they're pretty cool.

May 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #6,972 of 12,596
Agreed. I search for some bass oriented ones. The thunderstorm one is pretty cool. At one point there is a plane flying by, sounds like it goes from left to right (iirc) but directly overhead in front of you. It's pretty wild.

I was going to order the Lear 4.2d but was talked out of it by several people. As far as I know the uni was terrible, but custom was phenomenal.

May 2, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #6,973 of 12,596

Judging from the comments in the E5 thread I think it's well worth giving it an actual audio test.  People are saying it drives difficult headphones and gives immense bass.

You mentioned headphones yourself
wink.gif

Then asked correctly if this is the IEM thread

My point (in vid) was related to vapman not being defensive about a device not doing as expected. Chilly was talking about that

Vapman
#1 He did something besides/ more than talk
#2 He was not emotionally attached to the outcome.

There were comments made that alluded to it's output being on par with Mojo and others.
That turned out not to be the case and nobody cares because nobody is an E5. Some folks own it though. Will it push IEM? I pushed my Mojo to max output on my Sony's...it will drive overears though...that's odd on first blush..but it's true.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #6,974 of 12,596
I ordered another pair of IEMS... I'll keep you guys posted, another TOTL pair. Supposed to be bass monsters, but they are ba drivers. Tralucent P5... Claims that they hit lower than my Ref 1 Too. Ref 1 Too go low, and hit harder than the Sony Xb90ex, so this is a pretty bold claim.

I was doing some abing last night.

X7 (rooted viper neutron) - Mojo - Ref 1 Too and X7 - Mojo - asg g2.5 (ports fully open)

Pretty damn close bass wise gentlemen. The asg hit harder, but not by much. Layering is a bit better on the Ref 1 Too, as is pretty much everything else. Treble is phenomenal on the Ref 1 Too, so present yet not harsh.

A battle of the giants... Lots of fun. Hopefully my nudes come Wednesday, and I'll have the 800st within 2 weeks. I will then finish my top 5. Fun times ahead.

May 2, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #6,975 of 12,596
I ordered another pair of IEMS... I'll keep you guys posted, another TOTL pair. Supposed to be bass monsters, but they are ba drivers. Tralucent P5... Claims that they hit lower than my Ref 1 Too. Ref 1 Too go low, and hit harder than the Sony Xb90ex, so this is a pretty bold claim.

I was doing some abing last night.

X7 (rooted viper neutron) - Mojo - Ref 1 Too and X7 - Mojo - asg g2.5 (ports fully open)

Pretty damn close bass wise gentlemen. The asg hit harder, but not by much. Layering is a bit better on the Ref 1 Too, as is pretty much everything else. Treble is phenomenal on the Ref 1 Too, so present yet not harsh.

A battle of the giants... Lots of fun. Hopefully my nudes come Wednesday, and I'll have the 800st within 2 weeks. I will then finish my top 5. Fun times ahead.

You got a tough life bro
tongue.gif

Let us know about the new uber set and I look forward to the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back