Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 2, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #6,946 of 12,597
Totally off topic but you guys have to check this out. Amazing...

https://youtu.be/fPcLZxiCwp0

Im searching for bass tracks like this. They have one with thunderstorms... But a little hard to find.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

About to watch Hawaiibadboy new video with mojo and Ref 1 Too. Might stop midway to change to my Sony Xb90ex, see if he sounds different. :wink:

May 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #6,947 of 12,597
Totally off topic but you guys have to check this out. Amazing...

https://youtu.be/fPcLZxiCwp0

Im searching for bass tracks like this. They have one with thunderstorms... But a little hard to find.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
smily_headphones1.gif

About to watch @Hawaiibadboy new video with mojo and Ref 1 Too. Might stop midway to change to my Sony Xb90ex, see if he sounds different.
wink.gif

My voice does not have a spike at 55hz.
That would be cool though. I'm gonna check your link.

May 2, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #6,948 of 12,597
Hawaiibadboy Chris, that was one of your best videos. You made some excellent points, everyone should really watch that video, especially if you care about this thread. Oh, btw, what are your settings for the 1000's? :wink:

Lots of excellent suggestions in there and I know I'm guilty of some of the things you said. I will absolutely try to do things in a better format/fashion. What you said made perfect sense brother. Good job.

Prime example, I was arguing with another member, foolishly, and not once did I talk about music choice, settings (other than the bass port being opened up), etc. Anyway, I did apologize to that member, but I could have handled it a bit better. We all make mistakes, life goes on, but hopefully we learn from those mistakes. That's been my best teacher in life, my extremely long list of mistakes.

May 2, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #6,949 of 12,597
Which iem has the best
1)mid bass slam
2)sub bass
3)tight bass

May 2, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #6,951 of 12,597
@Hawaiibadboy Chris, that was one of your best videos. You made some excellent points, everyone should really watch that video, especially if you care about this thread. Oh, btw, what are your settings for the 1000's?
wink.gif

Lots of excellent suggestions in there and I know I'm guilty of some of the things you said. I will absolutely try to do things in a better format/fashion. What you said made perfect sense brother. Good job.

Prime example, I was arguing with another member, foolishly, and not once did I talk about music choice, settings (other than the bass port being opened up), etc. Anyway, I did apologize to that member, but I could have handled it a bit better. We all make mistakes, life goes on, but hopefully we learn from those mistakes. That's been my best teacher in life, my extremely long list of mistakes.

29Hz +10.34  BW1.696
64Hz  +8.47   BW.360
95Hz  +5.68   BW1.965
140Hz +3.0    BW 1.000
261Hz +2.7    BW1.048

Above EX1000 Below 800ST

34Hz +14.8  BW2.8

You can apply the single boost to either of the Sony but the 1000 EQ will only work with that set.
Neat little experiment for folks with both.

May 2, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #6,953 of 12,597
That single boost adjustment is nearly exactly how ive been running my tk12 since i bought them and they take it wonderfully except my bw was 2.6 and gain was 10. I like your one too, it has that extra punch, i love the numbers game in neutron :) my eq preset from you are named hbb-boom and hbb-low boom :)

May 2, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #6,955 of 12,597

Judging from the comments in the E5 thread I think it's well worth giving it an actual audio test.  People are saying it drives difficult headphones and gives immense bass.

Its been done by one of the basshead brothers.  They are only good for iems....

With his findings, it probably has less power than e18.  He said he couldn't get the paper to move at all driving the SZ.

I trust him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back