HD800 and Stax Lambda Pro etc comparison?
Apr 13, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess my attempt at humor did not lighten up this thread. And Bada's avatar still scares me!
eek.gif

Your effort will go nowhere as long as Jay still trying to ruin the thread
biggrin.gif

And Gilency, thank you again for the Gamma-2 recommendation by the way
biggrin.gif

@ Jay: Can you plz stop? You calm down and everything will be okay and this thread will be more interesting. I did expected a better outcome from this thread, YOUR thread.

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found all the comments interesting. I wouldn't take how much more head time people are saying the HD800 as a measurement of how much better it is. Its just the newest and the investment for the HD800 and amp would have been significantly higher. Its nice to see that they are not bold enough to say that the HD800 is in a different league than the Stax just more of a different sound. The 404LEs are hard to find from what I have seen and the only thing different is the cable. I wonder if it would be worth contacting Stax to try and buy a LE replacement cable? Probably unavailable but would be interesting to see how it would sound with Lambda pro or signature. From all I have read the older Stax is as good or even better than the new Stax. I think I may be getting Lambda signature soon the late 80s early 90s version. I bet the HD800 won't be holding up that long especially the spray painted plastic.

the place I bought my 404LE shows they still have it in stock, Im guessing the quantity is very low though my sr404le which i bought from there serial # is 974/1000. If youre interested i can pm the link. I love the sr404LE so much that i was thinking of buying a second pair, but then i think some more and i'd rather put the money toward an O2 plus its more special to have only one rather than two of the same.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #49 of 54
Yep and you got a nice deal. That rig will absolutely kill for the price range. It was the exact same system I got as my first electrostatic rig (srm-1 c series and lambda sig) and I've been hooked ever since. My biggest qualm with that pairing is that it is too bright. If I were you I'd enjoy the system and in the meantime try to find a SRM-T1 to pair with the Sigs. That combo sounds very lovely together. Congrats and happy listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #51 of 54
I haven't heard the 404LE yet but I'm skeptical about the raving until I hear it. If I were you I'd enjoy the Sig for a while and either upgrade your amp or go to a Sigma/O2 when you want to upgrade.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess my attempt at humor did not lighten up this thread. And Bada's avatar still scares me!
eek.gif

Igor, help me with the bags.
Igor: [Imitating Groucho Marx] Soitenly. You take the blonde, I'll take the one in the toiban...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back