HD800 and Stax Lambda Pro etc comparison?
Apr 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sutble

"Please stop feeding this arrogant troll
people. It is clear from his first two posts that he had an agenda for creating this thread."

If you don't anything productive or relevant to the conversation to say then just dont say anything. You are a slanderer and a lair and you should be ashamed of yourself!

I'm not saying you are a troll, but insinuating that JaZZ is a fanboy might have suggested the wrong idea. And now taking it personal against Subtle doesn't help, what I'm saying is that maybe saying things differently may help.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 54
"I'm not saying you are a troll, but insinuating that JaZZ is a fanboy might have suggested the wrong idea."

Do you think you could stop ruining a thread with this dribble about hurting somebody's feeling by calling them a fanboy? Fanboy a bad word? HOW ABOUT TROLL!!! I'd get banned if I called you what I thought of right now. Your just a white knight that adds nothing to this thread.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #33 of 54
Who the hell is this guy
biggrin.gif
He jumped in out of nowhere and is going against everybody here
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #34 of 54
if you come in asking about opinions and then sort of dismiss the first one you get right away that does come of as a bit impolite doesn't it?

a lot of these confusions start not with bad intent but with uncareful wording.

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #35 of 54
I think its worded just fine. Who's feelings are hurt here anyway? To me the first comment came off with the typical Sennheiser bias. It had all the focus on how great the HD800 is without really saying anything and saying absolutely nothing good about the other legendary headphones that were put in comparison. The comment reeked of fanboy-ism. What are you white knights looking for anyway? An apology? How about you apologize to me for ruining my thread with your effeminate political correctness?

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #37 of 54
Quote:

I think its worded just fine. Who's feelings are hurt here anyway? To me the first comment came off with the typical Sennheiser bias. It had all the focus on how great the HD800 is without really saying anything and saying absolutely nothing good about the other legendary headphones that were put in comparison. The comment reeked of fanboy-ism. What are you white knights looking for anyway? An apology? How about you apologize to me for ruining my thread with your effeminate political correctness?

Seriously Jay, I think you have gotten some reasoned, serious answers to your question (for the most part), with a diversity of opinion. Some people liked the HD-800, some prefer the Stax, just as I would expect. In fact, what can be taken out of the responses to this thread is that:

a) Many people really like the HD-800, almost everyone at least respects it's performance.

b) There is much love for the Stax products, including from people who favor and/or own HD-800.

Mostly no fanboyism, just people's considered opinion.

Personally, despite some doubt, I tried to address you respectfully with my opinion on the subject, as have many others. Unfortunately, your comments would seem to indicate that you didn't really want to have a serious discussion about your question. And your most recent post forces me to question your motivation (not to mention maturity), sorry to say.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #38 of 54
Lol, this is going to end abruptly I suspect. Time for a "time out" hehe.

Jay, it's friggin headphones man. No one is going to lie to you about what they hear. This isn't a competition and there are no blood oaths of brand loyalty. You don't need to marginalize views that aren't consistent with your world view. Next time, be more straight forward with what you really want. Just start a thread "Who here thinks Sennheiser sucks ? Actual listening experience not required" You'll probably drum up a couple like minded souls and save the rest of us the slow motion train wreck.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, this is going to end abruptly I suspect. Time for a "time out" hehe.

Jay, it's friggin headphones man. No one is going to lie to you about what they hear. This isn't a competition and there are no blood oaths of brand loyalty. You don't need to marginalize views that aren't consistent with your world view. Next time, be more straight forward with what you really want. Just start a thread "Who here thinks Sennheiser sucks ? Actual listening experience not required" You'll probably drum up a couple like minded souls and save the rest of us the slow motion train wreck.

Priceless and so on point.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #42 of 54
"Just start a thread "Who here thinks Sennheiser sucks ? Actual listening experience not required" You'll probably drum up a couple like minded souls and save the rest of us the slow motion train wreck."

I find it really sad that you twist my arm to respond to this nonsense. I never said Sennheiser sucks where do you see that I said that? You can't. Just because I am not one of the Sennheiser Kool-aid drinkers doesn't mean I think Sennheiser sucks. The tittle was not "Dr Dre Beats and Stax Lambda Pro etc comparison?" I don't understand why the Sennheiser fanboys upset, I even used the word great in reference to the HD800. It seems kinda cowardly how the HD800 fanboys could beat up daily on K701/2 that cost a 1/4 the price but get offended if you ask them for an honest comparison to headphones in there "league". Do you stop saying I said things that I never said? I makes you a liar and a slanderer and me have to comment when I would prefer not to. Thank you

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

I find it really sad that you twist my arm to respond to this nonsense.

Oh how I love irony. Don't worry Jay. We all feel the same way about your thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back