hd25-1 impressions thread
May 23, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #241 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by truant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Marcol, where did you buy these velours? Thanks!

Hi truant, I'm in the UK and got them from these guys:

http://www.acidaudio.co.uk/

The way the site is set up means I can't post a direct link, but just search for 'HD25' using the Quick Search box and you'll find them soon enough.

I've not used Acid Audio before but they seem decent - good price and next day delivery.

May 24, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #243 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy- I just bought a refurbished pair of HD-25's for $180 USD off the Senn USA site,will this Senn HD580 replacement cable fit the HD-25's so I can replace the steel cable?

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=081435

Many thanks,
Robert

Hi Robster.

How many times have you bought the HD-25? This must make at least three.

May 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #246 of 3,348
I've got a 3.5m cable (515640 Copper with a kevlar core) I'm about to fit a neutrik 3.5 mtr plug on.

On the right side I've got Red and Green wires on the left I've got Green and copper. This is slightly confusing. While I wouldn't think it matters a great deal I'd like to be sure.
I'd think green is ground on the right-hand side.
But which is ground on the left?
Can anyone confirm?

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #247 of 3,348
I got Senn HD25-1 today, but it's the second version.

I asked the customer service for that, they said it's just different from the original one by the package.

It has, of course, one HD25-1 II, pair of velour pads, and a bag.

looking at the headphone jack. I think it's not the same as the original one, isn't it?

when I plugged it into iPod, tried to listen some of my weird song, it sounds great, but the bass seems a bit uncontrolled - a bit bloated. the mid is a bit harsh.
confused.gif
confused.gif

I kept listening to it for 2 hours. then I used the HD650's cable in stead of the original one.

It's better!! I could recognize it suddenly.

the bass is tight. the mid is smooth but not what I expected. (maybe need to burn it in for a while.) and I hope it'll be better after 100 hours.
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #248 of 3,348
These headphones look great!!!

Just wondering: Are the HD25-1 the same as the HD25 and the HD25-SP? Whats the difference between all of them?

Jul 17, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #249 of 3,348
Up until this last year, HD25 variations came only with pleather earpads.....so they were changed to the better Velour - so they became HD25 II. Most people simply don't bother to say HD25-1 (easy to tell because of the doubled headband). Yes, the SP is sonically inferior to the other variations.

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #250 of 3,348
The HD650 cable with the HD25-1's is a big improvement, no doubt.

Jul 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #251 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at the headphone jack. I think it's not the same as the original one, isn't it?

You're right, it isn't.

Still looks like they are supplying them with the darn steel cables. Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't think the bass changed much at all though at that time, but that was long after burn in.

What do you think of the bag/pouch supplied with it? Good quality, or just extrmely thin and cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back