hd25-1 impressions thread
Jul 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #256 of 3,348
imo HD25 with HD650's cable is great enough. One thing make me irritate is about ear pads. Although Velours is more comfortable than pleather one, they make my ears a bit hurt.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #257 of 3,348
I must be really lucky.

I was rummaging through my father's things recently looking for headphones and I found a pair of HD25-1s. They looked pretty worn but sounded good. I went to the local Sennheiser store and had the ear pads replaced.

It turns out that my dad hasn't used these for years so he just gave them to me when I asked him about them. They were left over from when he worked as a radio correspondent and they have the words "Channel 2" soldered in to the headband but apart from that they look great. They also sound great straight out of my iPod
smily_headphones1.gif

Now all I need to do is have the cable replaced and I'm good.

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #258 of 3,348
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of these. Originally started my search for a pair of cheap, portable cans with good isolation, and ended up with what many call the best portables around. I can't wait.
biggrin.gif

I listen to a lot of electronica on my iPod, so hopefully these can be fun enough to listen to with the right EQ setting. Seems like they're exactly what I'm looking for in portability - small, lots of isolation, and durable.

Right now I own the AKG K240, V-Moda Vibe, AKG K26P, and Sennheiser HD465. I like the K240s the most, but they leak sound more than all of these, plus they aren't portable in the least.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #261 of 3,348
Can anyone confirm that the only difference between the HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II is the package and the inclusion of the velour pads?

If that's the case I'll buy the old version and buy the pads seperately.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #262 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone confirm that the only difference between the HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II is the package and the inclusion of the velour pads?

If that's the case I'll buy the old version and buy the pads seperately.

I believe the HD 25-1 II also comes with some sort of carrying case. Other than that, they are the same headphone.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #263 of 3,348
I have one coming my way!!!! Talking about finally.. (been wanting one for at least a year)

Also: a velour pad and cable no. 515640 to be shortened to 1.2m and reterminated to a mini plug

MAN! I can't believe people think these are ugly.. But i guess i have long-ish black hair so it suits me
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #264 of 3,348
As I find the HD25 a nice set of cans, I thought I'd throw in the note that the ZY Cable SENN cable seems to be a reasonable cost improvement.

I seem to hear stronger bass as well as an overall improvement in sound richness (body?).

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #265 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1M1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I find the HD25 a nice set of cans, I thought I'd throw in the note that the ZY Cable SENN cable seems to be a reasonable cost improvement.

I seem to hear stronger bass as well as an overall improvement in sound richness (body?).

I noticed that too. Didn't really want the stronger bass, but it settles down a bit after burn-in. I can't stand HD25 with stock cable.

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #266 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1M1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the ZY Cable fit in the groove as a direct replacement for the stock HD 25-1 cable or do you have to do any mods to make it fit securely? I have a pair of HD 25s on the way and, after searching across the 'net, I cannot find the OFC replacement cable that was discussed earlier. It may be that it's no longer listed as such and, if so, can someone confirm that the 515640 is OFC copper?

Thanks

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #268 of 3,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To use any cable except stock, you simply flip the cups upside down. No modifications neccessary.

Thanks for the clarification. I searched back through the thread again and found the pointer to Graz's post regarding the HD650 cable install. So the lesson here is look, look, and look again. The truth is out there.

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #269 of 3,348
I managed to hold out for about 5 months, but finally gave in and ordered a pair of HD-25-1s (Mark II.) I should have them next week. I also ordered a replacement cable from Larry of Headphile, but I'll have to put up with the stock cable for a couple of months before I receive my new one.
plainface.gif

I really, really need to sell some of my unused headphones, but can't seem to get the energy to take some pictures.
rolleyes.gif

I hope to be as pleasantly impressed with these headphones as are the vast majority of posters in this thread.

Holly

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #270 of 3,348
I don't think the hd25 are phones that strike you as impressive phones. BUT, as far as I'm concerned they are the best allrounder with their portability, isolation, ruggedness and overall good and balanced sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back