hd25-1 impressions thread
Jun 16, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #1,906 of 3,348
Quote:
Just curious, did you just win an Ebay auction from a Canadian seller?

No man i just picked them up locally from seller who just happed to have 2 pairs while he get em when they were on sale from local FS for buy 1 get 1 free..I paid him $120.

not bad for a pairs since they are 250 retail.

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #1,907 of 3,348
Quote:
No man i just picked them up locally from seller who just happed to have 2 pairs while he get em when they were on sale from local FS for buy 1 get 1 free..I paid him $120.

not bad for a pairs since they are 250 retail.

Ah, I see. I was curious since I was recently outbid with 2 seconds left on a recent auction. I should've seen it coming. 

Also, congrats on such a good deal.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,908 of 3,348
Quote:
Ah, I see. I was curious since I was recently outbid with 2 seconds left on a recent auction. I should've seen it coming. 

Also, congrats on such a good deal.

y eah bro i got mine cheaper than those one on ebay..by the way sad to hear that better luck nex time.

by the way what size of techflex cable sleeving have you used for the stock cable of hd 25-1?ANYONE.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #1,909 of 3,348
so urgent QUESTION here~~

i brought acrolinks FP-650 adaptor
http://FP-650 adapter

left side(red pin) cant fit it~ keep loose....

how can i fix it? will spoil the headphone?

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,910 of 3,348
Your link is messed up.

Try adding a thin layer of hot glue to the connector on the area that I marked with yellow:

Front or back is the same.

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,911 of 3,348
As much as I love these headphones, the left cup is always annoying... there is always less bass or sound unless I fix the connectors. Nowadays there's no bass in the left cup..
angry_face.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #1,912 of 3,348
Do you remove the cable a lot?  If you do, you may have loosened the female jack in the left driver.

The cable is detachable, yes, but generally I think that the detachability is just for ease of replacement/repair rather than for you to be able to remove it on a frequent basis.  The smaller pin on each plug is the signal pin, try pushing that pin in more.  You might have to add a little hot glue like I suggested above.

I would suggest tightening the female jacks' tabs for better contact, but when I tried taking mine apart to inspect, I noticed that the voice coil wires go over the jacks' housings before going into them, so I do not want to mess with them for fear of damaging the wires.  I've loosened the female jack in the right side on mine a bit, but I just have to push the signal pin in a bit more to maintain the sound's balance.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #1,913 of 3,348
When I first bought my HD25-II used it had a slight problem with the female inlet on one cup. Needless to say I dismantled the cup and broke THAT voicecoil wire. Fortunately I was in Reykjavik and there's one baker who's quite keen with repairing headphones. I bought a few [darn tasty] pastries and some bread from him so he accepted to give his best shot to solder that wire. I'm not saying that it was due to the fact the baker was more used to headphones that use a five pin connectors and run voltages about half a thousand volts higher but the wire broke again when I put the phone together. Most likely it was due to my sloppy assembly skills, hehe.

In any case I did manage to solder the voicecoil wire and solved the connector problem by putting some solder on them and sculpting them with a file.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,914 of 3,348
Too many glowing testimonials  to ignore.  I just ordered a pair, will be here on Tuesday.  I have a nice IEM collection, but headphone-wise, only the KOSS porta-pro, and the ATm50s.  Looking forward to seeing what these babies will do!

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #1,915 of 3,348
The right ear cup connection to the headphone cable in my son's HD25-1 II is getting wonky, and the sound cuts out until you jiggle the cable a little.

It's not the cable, as it does this with the stock cable and two different HD600 cables.  Anyone else with this issue that had an easy fix?  Out of warranty what do you think Senn will charge to fix?  I thought about buying a new pair, but nobody has them for sale at that $99 price that buy.com had a few years back.  I don't think they are worth $199 myself.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #1,916 of 3,348
I don't think you'd need to send it in to fix. Whenever mine had the same problem, I just open up the cups and give the springs (the contact point which I would presume is the actual problem) a bit of a squeeze and stretch, and put them back in. I know there was another member who bought the same springs (but gold plated) and replaced the original springs with those.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #1,917 of 3,348
I walked into a store today and found them clearing out some Sennheiser Adidas HD25-1 II for such a good price I snatched up their final 4 pairs and have posted them on Ebay for anyone interested. The link to the sale is in my signature. These are from a  major retail chain so I very confident they are authentic. I am not sure if mentioning this breaks any forum rules or not, I couldn't see anything that would indicate that but if so I apologize. Just want to make sure people looking at this headphone are aware of the opportunity.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #1,918 of 3,348
I just received my pair yesterday and sent quite awhile with my HP-P1 out from classic. I must say I'm impressed and regretted not getting them earlier!
I somehow prefer these over my ESW10JPN. Both sonically and fit wise. I haven't worn them out to test for isolation but I think the ESW10JPN just isn't fit for mobility.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #1,919 of 3,348
Quote:
The right ear cup connection to the headphone cable in my son's HD25-1 II is getting wonky, and the sound cuts out until you jiggle the cable a little.

It's not the cable, as it does this with the stock cable and two different HD600 cables.  Anyone else with this issue that had an easy fix?  Out of warranty what do you think Senn will charge to fix?  I thought about buying a new pair, but nobody has them for sale at that $99 price that buy.com had a few years back.  I don't think they are worth $199 myself.

$99 is what Sennheiser will charge you for repairs of any kind if I remember correctly.  I asked them out of curiosity.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #1,920 of 3,348
Quote:

I consistently experienced that issue with my HD 25-1 when I had it. When I wiggled the cable around or removed and reinserted it, it fixed the issue but only temporarily.

I recently sold my HD 25 since upgrading to the Amperior, which IMO are a step up from the HD 25 in every way, but managed to fix the above HD 25 issue in a way that the sound never again cut out; I think I may have put the connector in the opposite way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back