hd25-1 impressions thread
Nov 13, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #1,606 of 3,348

Quote:
It sounds better with the pleathers. That is imo of course though.

I agree. I just wish the mids weren't so damn.. cold/recessed with pleathers though. Bass is a little boomy with pleathers too, when unamped. Thus my adventures with blutak, which are getting nowhere. Trying to get the best of both of pleathers and velours. That extra isolation is always nice, too
darthsmile.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #1,607 of 3,348
My experience is that the velour pads seem to "absorb" some frequencies, resulting in the overall sound to be a bit darker. Sonically, it makes sense that the velour pads would absorb more sound than the pleathers.

The reason I use the velours is that it seems be deal with sweat a bit better than the plathers.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,612 of 3,348

Quote:
How do the HD25 SQ compare with ZX700, ATH-50 and XB1000?

I only had the ATH-M50

M50 bass feels boomy and loud, HD25 is more tight and less in amount. but the HD25 has more bass impact.
M50 highs are piercing, I didnt like that from the M50, the HD25 present some harshness but I have rarely experience this.
Mids are more up front in the HD25, sounds a little dark in the M50.

I prefer the HD25 all the time, feel better with rock/metal.

the M50 is more comfortable.

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #1,613 of 3,348

Quote:
How do the HD25 SQ compare with ZX700, ATH-50 and XB1000?

I can only compare them to the zx700. The zx700 is more neutral and quite boring. Likewise the Sennheiser hd 25 is much more fun for fast aggressive genres of music. Mods on the zx700 are very forward and the overall sound reminds me of my Shure 840s. I ordered some m50s and I should have them in a week or two.  When I receive them I will let everyone know my thoughts comparing the two. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,614 of 3,348
An announcement which I thought to be suitable here:

My HD25s now have quite a bit of soundstage now that I paired them with my newly acquired TTVJ Slim. I've never been happier. Who knew? 
beyersmile.png

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #1,615 of 3,348

Quote:
An announcement which I thought to be suitable here:

My HD25s now have quite a bit of soundstage now that I paired them with my newly acquired TTVJ Slim. I've never been happier. Who knew? 
beyersmile.png

I never understood the whole these have no sound stage argument. These sound perfectly fine and i still get good instrument separation and a surround sound experience. Maybe i am not that picky. They don't feel like they have a worse sound stage to me then my shure srh840 in fact my senns seem bigger.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #1,617 of 3,348
I own them since a month now and I'm very happy with them. I use them as portable headphones and it's a real joy plugged into an FiiO E11 + iPod 4G.
I'm very satisfied with this setup and I think it will last at least a few years. I think it could hardly get much better without investing a few hundreds more.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #1,618 of 3,348
They'll last forever if you take care of them - They're pretty robust to be honest

Im also more than happy with mine. Although I use my miracles and IEMs a lot more often, I don't think an improvement could be made over the hd25's. Maybe the DT1350 but I prefer the durability and removable cable of the Senns. They're a win for anyone looking for one of the best sets they can buy for their form factor

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #1,619 of 3,348
Oh yeah, they are very solid built. At the beginning I couldn't wear them for a long time, because they were clamping my ears quite much and I wasn't used to supra aural hps either.
But after stetching them on a box sized my head they are quite comfortable now.
And this direct sound experience they throw at you is just perfect if you are on the go.
When using them with my iPod touch I'm not listening to classics anyway so I don't suffer from the narrow stage compared to my home hps.
And except from that, their sound quality is just amazing at this price and size.
In my opinion they improve if you use an amplifier like the FiiO E11.
It was a no brainer to me buying this amp, because I live in Germany and European iPods and iPhones are limited to 83% output compared to US for example.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #1,620 of 3,348

Quote:
They'll last forever if you take care of them - They're pretty robust to be honest
Im also more than happy with mine. Although I use my miracles and IEMs a lot more often, I don't think an improvement could be made over the hd25's. Maybe the DT1350 but I prefer the durability and removable cable of the Senns. They're a win for anyone looking for one of the best sets they can buy for their form factor

x2 agreed

These are definitely my favorite cans atm. Much better then my ms1 and shure srh840 by preference. The srh840 might be better sounding technically but i prefer the sound of the senn hd 25 1 ii to them personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back