Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 17, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #781 of 2,486

Looking at it now. Mine is set to 4X oversampling , Linear phase 'brickwall' filter.

I was comparing 4x oversampling minimum phase soft-knee with 2 x oversampling, linear phase brickwall.  Again - could be phantom - but I have no way to fast A/B.

Anyway - this is going OT - back to the Havi.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #782 of 2,486

I was comparing 4x oversampling minimum phase soft-knee with 2 x oversampling, linear phase brickwall.  Again - could be phantom - but I have no way to fast A/B.

Anyway - this is going OT - back to the Havi.

Indeed. How well does it pair with the Havis though. These are a match made in audiophile heaven! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #783 of 2,486
Yep - oodles of power on tap, and gives the Havis a little more body and warmth - which they definitely benefit from.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #784 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
My Havi's arrived at the postal hub in Mich. Sat. night, so they should be at My local post office and delivered tomorrow, Monday.

Happy Dance.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #785 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
My Havi's arrived at the postal hub in Mich. Sat. night, so they should be at My local post office and delivered tomorrow, Monday.

Happy Dance.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Can't wait to hear your impressions!

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #786 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif

Happy Dance.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Been groovin' on mine since Wednesday. Had them in practically all weekend. Your happy dance is gonna be complete boogaloo.

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #788 of 2,486
Still considering these but I'll be looking forward to hearing @TwinACStacks' impressions too!

Just get them! You really won't regret it. 
biggrin.gif

On a separate note I caved in and got a pair of Spinfit tips (the Sanroubi ones from Jaben) to try. First impressions are that the fit is really comfy(disappearing-into-ear comfy), but somehow the sound is blocked in my left ear when I move my jaw a certain way (though that's probably just my bone structure). Coming from the JVC Spirat Dots, the bass is increased (more 'felt') and it sounded brighter and abit more V-shaped and vivid to me (although I don't really know how V it should be to be considered V-shaped). Soundstage and separation are a little smaller. The spinfits sound more open and more 'hollow' but the spiral dots sound 'sweeter'. It's as if this $10 has reversibly turned my Havis into a VSD3S. Which is awesome btw.

The bore of the Spinfits is longer and narrower than that of the spiral dots. This probably causes the differences but I don't know how they correlate.

If anyone has similar or different impressions, please chime in too yea?

Edit: I can cut off the sound any time by raising my eyebrows. Guess these guys just aren't for me..

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #789 of 2,486

Just get them! You really won't regret it. 
biggrin.gif

On a separate note I caved in and got a pair of Spinfit tips (the Sanroubi ones from Jaben) to try. First impressions are that the fit is really comfy(disappearing-into-ear comfy), but somehow the sound is blocked in my left ear when I move my jaw a certain way (though that's probably just my bone structure). Coming from the JVC Spirat Dots, the bass is increased (more 'felt') and it sounded brighter and abit more V-shaped and vivid to me (although I don't really know how V it should be to be considered V-shaped). Soundstage and separation are a little smaller. The spinfits sound more open and more 'hollow' but the spiral dots sound 'sweeter'. It's as if this $10 has reversibly turned my Havis into a VSD3S. Which is awesome btw.

The bore of the Spinfits is longer and narrower than that of the spiral dots. This probably causes the differences but I don't know how they correlate.

If anyone has similar or different impressions, please chime in too yea?

I get this when I use any of the small bore tips. Not to my liking. This is why I use the large bore dual flange tips.

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #791 of 2,486
With JVC Spiral Dot tips (Large) I had received this morning, my Havis are sounding way more clearer/wider(?)/punchier than they were earlier (even without the use of NX1) :etysmile:

(Audio Source - One Plus One at 35% volume using Wynk Music App, listening to Music from Tamil feature films)

Yea! Put the spiral dots on and have never looked back since. Even the spinfits don't come close.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #792 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Well They just arrived at noonish. Boy do these SUCK.

Juice that is..... Tried them out of the box with the Large red-cores installed, my initial thoughts were: Hey these are pretty good. Cranked up the Volume noticed that, yes, you do have to turn these up further than most but Oh my. You guys lied about the Bass. There is PLENTY. Maybe not like the Senns or Titans but it's there when called for. Mids, Treble were Crystal Clear. Put on a Mix of Big Room and Progressive Trance music and Hit the 6 DB boost on the E12. Yep. We have a winner.

Okay so I was rolling tips while I listened. I tried all the ones provided, the Red Cores definitely sounded best of the included tips to me. BUT I also had a set of my trusty Auvios from Radio Shack. These put the Havis in a different building. Everything became very tight and defined, awesome Bass response. It seems the Auvio tips are becoming my goto's for over ear IEMs. In case you aren't familiar with them they are similar to Sony Hybrids but with a slight bullet Shape-ish, Large color coded Core and a more substantial, (Heavier), Silicone Material. Kind of a Sony Hybrid on Steroids. You REALLY should try them out.

Now it's off to the Station for 200 Hours to let my "Ears" adjust to them.
biggrin.gif
I will rave about them in a week or so....

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #794 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Well They just arrived at noonish. Boy do these SUCK.

Juice that is..... Tried them out of the box with the Large red-cores installed, my initial thoughts were: Hey these are pretty good. Cranked up the Volume noticed that, yes, you do have to turn these up further than most but Oh my. You guys lied about the Bass. There is PLENTY. Maybe not like the Senns or Titans but it's there when called for. Mids, Treble were Crystal Clear. Put on a Mix of Big Room and Progressive Trance music and Hit the 6 DB boost on the E12. Yep. We have a winner.

Okay so I was rolling tips while I listened. I tried all the ones provided, the Red Cores definitely sounded best of the included tips to me. BUT I also had a set of my trusty Auvios from Radio Shack. These put the Havis in a different building. Everything became very tight and defined, awesome Bass response. It seems the Auvio tips are becoming my goto's for over ear IEMs. In case you aren't familiar with them they are similar to Sony Hybrids but with a slight bullet Shape-ish, Large color coded Core and a more substantial, (Heavier), Silicone Material. Kind of a Sony Hybrid on Steroids. You REALLY should try them out.

Now it's off to the Station for 200 Hours to let my "Ears" adjust to them.
biggrin.gif
I will rave about them in a week or so....

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

They sure do suck!

... all of my time! They remain my most used headphones/IEMs! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back