Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #721 of 2,486
  So guys, I've sold my havi b3 pro1 and got myself RE400..

I'm pretty disappointed by it. Havi B3 pro1 is by far more revealing, better midrange(though RE400 sounds sweeter), better sub bass though upper midrange/low treble is harsh for me.

I don't know man.. I feel sad right now as I couldn't enjoy both RE400 and Havi B3 Pro1, I guess there's no perfect IEM in this world for me.

smily_headphones1.gif
I would definitely recommend the DuNu Titan1. How good is it? It's in Rotation right now with my Senn IE8's....

And I think the Senns are pretty good.

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #723 of 2,486

I'll second this. The Titan's are bloody awesome. Can't go wrong there.

smily_headphones1.gif
B9, They are now being called FOTM, but what a GREAT Taste. Even better when you are considering a rather inexpensive headphone at around $115 dollars or so.

Absolutely Try them Out Yoztpetra!!!

I'm hoping these Havi's that were shipped Yesterday are ANYWHERE near as good, I'll be a happy camper.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #724 of 2,486
  i don't think anyone enjoys using an EQ, it's something we use because we need to and havi is not for the bass for sure. you can try vsonic or koss for the bass. koss products deliver the best bass performance in this price range and vsonic's are close to them. neither of them has havi's wide acoustic & seperations but they're very close. they're nothing like xiaomi piston, even the most cheapest models like plug or gr02.

smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not quite getting a problem here as I start to read through this Thread? I run Flat EQ (with Fiio line outs its the only option), But if I want any more Bass, My E12 has a 6dB Bass Boost which affects ONLY the low frequencies. It will turn virtually ANY earphone, (even anemic ones), into BassHead phones. You KNOW BY NOW that the Havi's require POWER. Why blame their performance on poor design / construction, when it's strictly an amping / power supply issue. Simply Buy an Amp. I LOVE the Fiio Mont Blanc E12, BTW. The Bass Boost is a Godsend on some recordings.

Problem Solved.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #725 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Just a thought but the Best tip I have found for the Senn IE8 by a large Margin, (at least for my ears), is AUVIO at Radio Shack. About $5 for 4 of them. They look like Sony Hybrids but they don't SOUND like them. It just so happens they also fit the Havi barrel. I'm going to roll a lot of tips but I'm betting the Auvios are going to be on those too. I wish they would fit my Titans but the barrel on those are quite a bit smaller in diameter.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #727 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Hey Scrambler, Let me know what you think of those Vsonics. Personally the only phones that I've tried recently that I didn't like at all were the GR07's, which was also a FOTM. Got them from Lendmeurears, so I know they were genuine. TRUE, I couldn't for the life of me get them to fit or find the right tip, but there probably some on the forum who don't like my opinions because of them. I thought they were "Tinny" and thin sounding. Burned them in for 50-60 hrs and they Still sounded thin and Tinny to my ears. Sold them for $70 on Fleabay. They were the "Classics". But I'm REALLY curious what everyone sees in these Vsonics. I'm willing to try the VSD3S and am hoping for a different result.

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #728 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Just an observation but back around Page 43 you guys are going on about a channel imbalance with Graphs and I'm sure 8X10 Glossies if you had them. HUMAN hearing isn't that accurate or refined. Shouldn't it be about HOW THEY SOUND rather than a Graph showing their shortcomings that you can't hear anyways?

I'm the opposite of anal except when it concerns Burn-in which I absolutely believe in.

Just thought I'd ask....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #729 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Just an observation but back around Page 43 you guys are going on about a channel imbalance with Graphs and I'm sure 8X10 Glossies if you had them. HUMAN hearing isn't that accurate or refined. Shouldn't it be about HOW THEY SOUND rather than a Graph showing their shortcomings that you can't hear anyways?

I'm the opposite of anal except when it concerns Burn-in which I absolutely believe in.

Just thought I'd ask....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Actually - the channel imbalance is more than enough for humans to be able to hear.  Try a mono recording with them (and yes - some recognised audiophile recordings are preferred by some in mono) - you'll notice the difference immediately. Some of the channel imbalance has been up to 6 or 7dB - even at around 3kHz.  If you can't hear that - then either you got a pair with much better channel matching, or it might pay to get your hearing checked.

Now I don't know if Havi meant for the imbalance to be there - it possibly does help the impression of wider sound staging - but most manufacturers try to very closely match left and right channels - and leave the recording to convey spaciousness etc (the way it was recorded). This would be the preferred method.

Oh BTW - it amuses me that you find the imbalance issue laughable - which can be clearly audible with some recordings (most of my music is stereo - and I still very much enjoy the Havis - and it doesn't bother me), yet can believe in burn-in, when you've never listened side by side to a pair with a lot of hours on it vs a pair OOTB.  I have - volume matched - guess what ....... tonally the same 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #730 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Hey Scrambler, Let me know what you think of those Vsonics. Personally the only phones that I've tried recently that I didn't like at all were the GR07's, which was also a FOTM. Got them from Lendmeurears, so I know they were genuine. TRUE, I couldn't for the life of me get them to fit or find the right tip, but there probably some on the forum who don't like my opinions because of them. I thought they were "Tinny" and thin sounding. Burned them in for 50-60 hrs and they Still sounded thin and Tinny to my ears. Sold them for $70 on Fleabay. They were the "Classics". But I'm REALLY curious what everyone sees in these Vsonics. I'm willing to try the VSD3S and am hoping for a different result.

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

I'll definitely be posting my impressions, no worries about that. I do have the VSD3(no s) and like them a lot, but the cable is garbage (no strain reliefs is one heck of a negative) and they are a bit mid-bassy for my preference. Other than that they are awesome. Very excited to try the AN16 and VSD2(again no s).

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #731 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Scrambler, I didn't realize the Imbalance was that much, Or I just didn't pick up on it. I thought they were just quibbling over a decibel or two. What did you do to equalize it, just change the Channel balance on your player? or did you just leave it? Do they ALL have this imbalance?

Thanx

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #732 of 2,486
:) Scrambler, I didn't realize the Imbalance was that much, Or I just didn't pick up on it. I thought they were just quibbling over a decibel or two. What did you do to equalize it, just change the Channel balance on your player? or did you just leave it? Do they ALL have this imbalance?

Thanx

:) :) TWIN

Im thinking you meant to direct this over to Brooko?

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #733 of 2,486
I have a feeling that the imbalance is on purpose. It looks that way as all the measurements of different units and reports from savvy users are all the same. Either way, whatever their plan was for the B3 Pro 1, it worked wonders!

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #734 of 2,486
Hello again guys 
biggrin.gif

I've had the havi's for about 4 months now and there holding up quite nicely. And as much as I love there sound signature there is only one problem...as
with all the other earphone I've tried they make my ear canals irritated/sore after about an hour or two 
frown.gif
 Well the good thing is I have enough money to get a new
closed back headphone that I hope will be a quality upgrade from the havis although I'll still use those on the go. So my question is can you recommend a good
headphone that's like the havis in there sound characteristics ? I wouldn't mind a slight bass bump or other small difference so if I can find a headphone like the havis
that would make my day. Oh also I'm willing to spend up to $150 to get the new set.  My main kinds of songs are: electronic, classic, instrumental and pop.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #735 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Scrambler, I didn't realize the Imbalance was that much, Or I just didn't pick up on it. I thought they were just quibbling over a decibel or two. What did you do to equalize it, just change the Channel balance on your player? or did you just leave it? Do they ALL have this imbalance?

Thanx

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Think you're asking me 
wink.gif

I can't speak for all the Havis.  Mine has it. There were a couple of graphs here from different sources (http://www.head-fi.org/t/741221/havi-b3-pro-1-thread-2-0/615#post_11436895) which show the variability.  FTR mine measured a difference of around 3dB @ 125 Hz and 4dB @ 6kHz - but were actually pretty even at the 1-2kHz mark.  So probably why I don't really notice the difference much.

I don't try to adjust it when I wear them - because on my pair it's not noticeable when playing stereo music.  I just give my ears a few minutes to adjust, and after that they sound pretty natural (your brain compensates).  

To be fair though - the only reason I bought mine was to review them and give a point of reference for other reviews I do (because they are so well known).  Nowadays they don't get much use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back