Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #1,846 of 4,032
  hows the bass and midrange on the b3 pro I?

for reference,
i love the gr07 classic bass but the rockit r50 were too light. 
the midrange of the gr07 is thick but rather dry, the r50 were just too thin, couldnt get any emotions out of it (imho) although the clarity is great.

how do the B3 Pro I compare to the 2 models? 

Both of them are covered in this thread (multiple times), please use the "search this thread" function. If you couldn't find, someone (or me) will help you happily.

I have finished the Havi B3 Pro1 review in graph form, I will be making the future reviews in this way:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/731843/havi-b3-pro1-a-review-by-baycode

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,847 of 4,032
@Baycode great review and very nice add the graph.I already have the Havis 5 days now and its blown my mind.And i have to say i bought them because of this thread,i read all your reviews and opinions and YES you where right in every way for this awesome IEMS.

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,848 of 4,032
@Baycode great review and very nice add the graph.I already have the Havis 5 days now and its blown my mind.And i have to say i bought them because of this thread,i read all your reviews and opinions and YES you where right in every way for this awesome IEMS.

Thanks buddy
beerchug.gif
    Its been 5 months for me and the little gem is still blowing my mind
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #1,849 of 4,032
Got my B3s in this weekend and finally showing them some love now. 

First impres...n........ss....asabrvn

Sorry, that dyslexic lapse was caused by a blown mind. These really are very impressive out of the iPod Video and D-Zero. More impressions to come. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,851 of 4,032
  Hi, currently I have a DT 770 pro 250 ohm and a Havi B3 ordered. I am loving the 770s for watching movies and playing games, but not so much for music. I also work with mixing and was looking for something more neutral and with a bigger soundstage, so I looked at headphones like the Q701/k701/k612, HD 600, etc. But I read the B3 have these qualities. So I am wondering if it would be smarter to save for something like the HD 800 or T1, or are the B3 and a headphone like the q701 not alike at all?

Beyerdynamic dt150

USED: Yamaha HPH-MT220 Full sized headphones

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #1,853 of 4,032
  Got my B3s in this weekend and finally showing them some love now. 

First impres...n........ss....asabrvn

Sorry, that dyslexic lapse was caused by a blown mind. These really are very impressive out of the iPod Video and D-Zero. More impressions to come. 

Welcome to thread @JoeDoe 
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #1,854 of 4,032
Hi guys,

Thanks lot for making my wallet lighter by 65 bucks. 
deadhorse.gif
beyersmile.png

I just got my Havi B3 this morning and here's my first 5 minutes impression:

Wha.. what is this packaging.... Looks so good it's offensive, it's like.... It looks even better than any smartphone packaging that I've come across.... not to mention the packaging my JVCs came in... Those look awful in comparison

Lots of accessories: soft and hard pouches, microfiber cloth, 10 pairs of eartips.. Overkill 

Plugged in to my Fiio E17, and started off with this awesome Attack on Titan composition by Hiroyuki Sawano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaiIEGKGh_c

And the rest is history... Went to audio heaven and never coming back... (How did you manage to post this, you say? Of course, there is head-fi in audio heaven.) 

Seriously, my FXZ200 sounds like muddy crap now...
angry_face.gif

Will try to post something more useful later on. Sorry, I just had to share this experience 
bigsmile_face.gif
 And Thanks Baycode and everyone else for convincing me to click that order button on lend me ur ears (awesome prompt service even in weekends). Wouldn't even had wished for this sort of gem to exist.

These Havi's actually do really well for EDMs as well:

https://soundcloud.com/soh-yoshioka/tractrix-vocaloid

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #1,855 of 4,032
Welcome to the heaven, I mean thread @MousoMachineGun 
etysmile.gif

Listened the the first video, detailed, well layered, clean bass response with huge soundstage.

What tips are you using?

(Have you listened to Infected Mushrooms with these? Also mind blowing!)

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,857 of 4,032
@Lorspeaker lol!
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks @Baycode  
bigsmile_face.gif

I haven't really tried many for long sessions so I can't comment much on how good each pair sounds. But so far, what I found worked ( at least seals well) were sony hybrid foam (small), the included medium black double flanges, the included clear white mediums, small monster gel tips. The stock tips that was put into the box didn't really work for me. Nor the black foam pair.
(Infected Mushrooms - Army of Mushrooms sound cool with this Havi's as well. Should be even better if it's not Youtube compressed. Listening to them now) 
L3000.gif

Yeah, I really dig the soundstage in these. Have the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro I borrowed from my friend. While the soundstage is big (relative to IEM), it doesn't sound right. Vocals feel like they're not in the center.. Female vocals also sound a bit like tin can, cause of the spike in 3-4 kHz region. I would pick these Havi over that full sized headphone any day.

On the other hand, the Havi's deliver lots of details but doesn't sound fatiguing and the soundstage just feels 'right' can make out instruments really well in the 3D space.

Btw, I'm finding slight spike in around the 8-9 kHz region, is this normal? Might have to burn them in further..

Another song that transports you to another world with these Havi's soundstage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UR7nsTLlQ

Listening to these in 16/44.1 flac and volume set at 18 on +12dB Gain on my fiio e17. The black, black background is just wooah. Guess this is the benefit of high impedance?

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,858 of 4,032
Originally Posted by MousoMachineGun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, I'm finding slight spike in around the 8-9000 kHz region, is this normal? Might have to burn them in further..

That grittiness (spike) goes away with burn-in @MousoMachineGun   (if the cause is the drivers only)

I have posted this before but here you go:

1. Grittiness in high freq (you call this as spike I think) may be record and source dependent.

2. Tip selection may also influence the grittiness.

There are minor reports on grittiness and how it goes away with burn-in.

Please check the Burn-in Periods of Havi B3 text at the bottom of the first post of this thread.  You'll have more than enough information...

But also check the situations: 1 and 2

Originally Posted by MousoMachineGun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Listening to these in 16/44.1 flac and volume set at 18 on +12dB Gain on my fiio e17. The black, black background is just wooah. Guess this is the benefit of high impedance?

That's because of impedance (32 ohm) and sensitivity (95 dB/mW in real, the information on the cases have to be corrected) IMO. Also serial connection of the drivers (may increase the impedance) and the quality of the drivers effecting this. There is no hiss and I also love that feature!

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,859 of 4,032
Baycode is the guardian angel to Havi-en.

Thanks Lors, I am trying to do what everybody is doing here, helping each other to share the sheer beauty of good quality audio
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,860 of 4,032
Ah sorry to make you repeat, @Baycode Thanks for the clarification! Will definitely be tip rolling some more

Yeah, because usually I get slight hissing from my fxz200 even though the sensitivity was rated at 96dB/mW (16ohm impedance though). So I was just thinking, maybe the higher impedance of the Havi's gets rid of the hiss. (Didn't know the sensitivity was 95dB/mW! No wonder
darthsmile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back