Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,817 of 4,032
  i received my havi b3s

haha i'll have to remind myself never to trust head-fi again, you guys hype stuff up way too much

i'll give it to you guys; the havis are airy, but only compared to other in ears.

if you guys think these have some magically huge soundstage or something, you're quite mistaken, and/or never touched an open headphone before. hd650/he400 beats these by a mile, no contest whatsoever. then again, these are $60 earbuds sooo...what was i expecting? i guess the IEM game has been quite ****ty for awhile for these to be "insanely good for the price"

separation is very very good though, ESPECIALLY for an IEM, helps a lot with the detail.

overall, yes, i'd say these were worth the $60. i would not pay more than $100, especially considering how uncomfortable/unwieldy these are for an iem.

really makes me rethink whether i really want to pay big money for ciems...at this point i honestly feel like if i went with ciems, it'd be a huge downgrade from my home setups.

Using words like "never" is quite ignorant. I've owned the HE-500 and have built my own speakers from scratch, crossover and all.

What is your source/amp? Which tips? If you are using the stock tips and aren't amping them, you will be disappointed. Being "uncomfortable" is a sign that you haven't found the right tip yet out of what was given. A triple flange is extremely uncomfortable and kills clarity for me, while a double flange is near perfect.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #1,820 of 4,032
  i received my havi b3s

haha i'll have to remind myself never to trust head-fi again, you guys hype stuff up way too much

i'll give it to you guys; the havis are airy, but only compared to other in ears.

if you guys think these have some magically huge soundstage or something, you're quite mistaken, and/or never touched an open headphone before. hd650/he400 beats these by a mile, no contest whatsoever. then again, these are $60 earbuds sooo...what was i expecting? i guess the IEM game has been quite ****ty for awhile for these to be "insanely good for the price"

separation is very very good though, ESPECIALLY for an IEM, helps a lot with the detail.

overall, yes, i'd say these were worth the $60. i would not pay more than $100, especially considering how uncomfortable/unwieldy these are for an iem.

really makes me rethink whether i really want to pay big money for ciems...at this point i honestly feel like if i went with ciems, it'd be a huge downgrade from my home setups.

I have no qualms regarding your opinion about the B3. Personally, I would recommend giving them more time, and perhaps adjusting your expectations to a more realistic standpoint. However, if you ultimately decide that these (or IEMs in general) are not for you, then of course by all means, you are perfectly entitled to your decision.

What I take great issue with is this: Contrary to your rather snobbish assumption that no one on here has had the opportunity to listen to full-sized headphones through a good home setup, many of us do. In fact, I would go as far as to say that many (me included) would have heard setups at least comparable to yours.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone here who will tell you that the Havi B3 > HD600, HE400 e.t.c. We just understand the limitations of an IEM, and appreciate the positive side of the tradeoff: portability, size, weight and isolation.

So before you come in here and diss one half of the entire head-fi community who are specifically into IEMs, and the hundreds of IEM companies who have poured in expertise and resources way beyond your comprehension to develop good, affordable and ever-improving products for the average audiophile, stop short before you post and check if perhaps you are exhibiting a wee bit of tactlessness and ignorance.

(Or otherwise, do please show us your self-designed IEM which you would deem worthy of your own $100)

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,823 of 4,032

I wasn't saying that at all. To be clear, I stated that technicalities would need to be addressed. Headphone design is a battle of trade offs.  I was saying that physical design compromises to increase soundstage could be a lesser priority due to software like CanOpener. 

I use CanOpener with T1E/Singolos and soundstage is nowhere near the Havi without CanOpener. In fact, I have trouble distinguishing crossfeed of CanOpener.

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,825 of 4,032
chill?
mo chill ? 
ph34r.gif

--
My havi`s are still on the way... ow schit things are so slowly here 

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #1,827 of 4,032
Ohh thanks have you use any of this little amps with your SRH840?  I have a Fiio X3 I know it is amped in any way, but I would like to know if purchasing an additional portable amp will improve the sound somehow with the Havis and the shure ?

Thanks 

The X3 and the B3's pairs pretty nice. I wouldn't say that they sound better from the X3/NX1 combo just different.

i received my havi b3s

Sorry to hear they you didn't like them.

I don't know if you noticed but you're one of very few that doesn't. That doesn't necessarily means that everybody else is wrong and you know better. There's no headphone/IEM that perfect for everyone.

If you like the HD650 and HE-400 I'm not shocked that the B3's are not for you. Experienced listeners would be able to notice good sounding stuff although it's not their preferred sound.

A word of advice would be to respect other people's opinions and experience. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people liking the B3's have at least the same experience with headphones as you and some will also have a lot more.

I'll gladly pay $300 for the Havi's, not because they're better that everything else but because they really hit the sweet spot for ME. YMMV!

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #1,828 of 4,032
u gotta be kidding...300....i am happy paying errmmm ..wats the special offer price again..40..or 50..cant remember..
crazy goood   outrageously fantastic price.  :p

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #1,830 of 4,032
u gotta be kidding...300....i am happy paying errmmm ..wats the special offer price again..40..or 50..cant remember..
crazy goood   outrageously fantastic price.  :p

Well knowing what I know now about them now I'd be willing to pay that much. Would never have got them in the first place if they were that expensive though :wink:

I rate them up there with my q701, sr325 and t50rp's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back