Has anyone received the Audio-gd DAC-19MK3 yet?
Apr 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 362
I doubt anyone has gotten one yet. Looking at Audio-Gd's order list (http://www.audio-gd.com/consignment.htm) no Dac-19MK3's have shipped in the last several weeks (and I think it was only added to the website about 2 weeks ago).

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 362
as we all must be
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 362
My patience is being stretched, that is for sure! I am trying to figure out if I want to go the cheaper route and get the Little Dot DAC, which is also "Coming Soon" or shell out the extra $200 to get the 19MK3.

Decisions!

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 362
my trouble is deciding between dac-19mk3+c2c to replace my compass at home (sending my compass to the office), or just getting a second compass for the office. decisions, decisions...

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 362
I need the DAC to match up with my newly purchased AudioTailor Jade Tube Amplifier. I will soon be getting some 600 ohm Beyers and making that my downstairs rig. I will keep my Compass and my Senns upstairs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 362
ooh, 600ohm Beyers... someday I'll get some of that
wink.gif

I'm envisioning the DT-880/600 as the perfect compromise between the detail and soundstage of the DT-880/250 and the bass and musicality of the HD650. Nothing I've read so far has discouraged this impression...

That being said, my main concern with the mk19/c2c combo is no preamp option. I'd have to get a third piece of equipment, though the mk19's dual outputs does make this easy to realize.

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 362
idunno: Ask Kingwa to put in a pre-amp out with a switch. You'll lose a tiny bit of SQ because of the switch, but it can be done as far as I know.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #11 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That being said, my main concern with the mk19/c2c combo is no preamp option. I'd have to get a third piece of equipment, though the mk19's dual outputs does make this easy to realize.

So you don't think going from, say, a laptop to the MK19 via USB then out to an amp like the C2C would be sufficient? Are you thinkining you would need the preamp in front of it?

Dang this hobby is expensive!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 362
Preamp to control a speaker power amp

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #13 of 362
Thanks Currawong; good idea. Since I was pestering Audio-gd anyway, I asked them about the DAC19; here's Cherry's response:
"Due to large order, DAC-19MK3 can be ship during May,we can't very sure the shipping time."
A later response from Kingwa regarding the C2C:
"You are right, it is effect SQ. Because the C2C design not practicable HP/preamp relay in the PCB, so if you need preamp output, it need add a switch, and this switch must on the panel can let the connect wires short, but the panel not any spare switch can do this function, unless you put the input selector on the rear, then add the HP/preamp switch on that place."
So the C2C can be made to function as a preamp (just not with the type of relay used in the Compass), with a loss in sound quality, but the input selector switch would move to the rear panel in order to keep the connection short (and reduce the effect on sound quality). Now I just have to decide if I'm really ready to make this kind of investment...

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #14 of 362
I'm about to order this DAC when I receive price confirmation from Audio-gd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back