Hanging the Stax Sigma by headband?
Jan 19, 2008 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
I have my closet shelves setup with some DIY headphone hangers that let me hang my AKGs by the headband wires, which works great for them. It also works great for the Stax Lambda, but when I try to hang the Stax Sigma like this, the earcaverns (they are too big to be earcups) flop outwards, making them way too wide to fit properly and looking just plain ridiculous. This is because where the headband attaches is too far offset from the center of gravity for them to hang properly in free air

Does anybody have any ideas on how it would be possible to hang them from the headband without this nonsense?

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 29
Boy you're right! They do flop way over. I'm babysitting a pair of Sigma Pros ATM. The quick but not so elegant solution would be to slip a rubber band over the top portion of the two earspeakers holding them together. Or bend a piece of wire at each end to slip over the earspeakers, holding them together.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 29
I wonder if I have any big rubberbands around here somewhere. I can't stand having a non-junk headphone that doesn't have a designated place to store. I can put up the look of a rubberband.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 29
Someone on here could probably make you a custom stand for those with wings to hold the earspeakers vertical.
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody have any ideas on how it would be possible to hang them from the headband without this nonsense?

I don't own a Lambda, and curious to see your situation. Do you have any snapshot of the problem ?

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't own a Lambda, and curious to see your situation. Do you have any snapshot of the problem ?

Well it's a Sigma he's having the problem with, not a Lambda, but let me chime in with a pic. It really does look goofy hanging this way.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 29
He he
Seriously, I don't think it looks that bad.

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He he
Seriously, I don't think it looks that bad.

I seriously think it does, but only because dust follows the path of gravity.

IMHO Sigmas are not a hanging headphone for this reason.

I put mine away in a box when not in use.
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sigmas need something to lean against in the middle so they wont flip out like that. The Stax stands work great and I'm sure a similar design could be built...

well observed. combine with Stax dust cover and you're complete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back