HAFLER HA75 Tube Headphone Amplifier
Feb 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dirtrat

100+ Head-Fier
http://hafler.com/ha75.php

Any thoughts on this amplifier? I was actually an early adopter of a 120 watt Hafler amp when I was in my teens and bought it in a kit and put it together. Output specifications on this are very vague. Hopefully more details to come.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 25
  http://hafler.com/ha75.php

Any thoughts on this amplifier? I was actually an early adopter of a 120 watt Hafler amp when I was in my teens and bought it in a kit and put it together. Output specifications on this are very vague. Hopefully more details to come.

Interesting concept. The Feedback Control and Focus Control might be fun to play with.
L3000.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 25
  The wall-wart kind of kills it for me.   Unless it gets amazing reviews. 

Saw an ad for this in the new Stereophile yesterday. 

That's a very strange looking connector for a wall-wart.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 25
Here is a review of the Hafler HA75 Tube Headphone Amp $999.00. They also have a solid state headphone amp $449.00.
The HA75 has some nice features, however for that price I would have to hear it, first. I would still lean to the Schiit Mjolnir2 for $849.00 !
http://hometheaterreview.com/hafler-ha75-headphone-amplifier-reviewed/

They have also brought back a new version of the famous ST-70 tube amp and a very nice tube preamp with lots of features including headphone outs !
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/HIGH_END_2016/Dynaco/

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 25
Does it hiss with sensitive IEMs like the CA Andromeda? I'm thinking about getting the Hafler of the RME ADI-2. The RME is also a DAC so I am aware that the Hafler would need a dac.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 25
Got mine today. I am really digging it right out of the box. Its got lots of drive. Though the current version doesnt have the feedback. That has been replaced with an impedence selector.

Not over tuby but not sterile. A good balance and solid bass.

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 25
Got mine today. I am really digging it right out of the box. Its got lots of drive. Though the current version doesnt have the feedback. That has been replaced with an impedence selector.

I’m thinking about getting the Hafler too. Any further impressions now that you’ve had some time with it? Any idea how it would pair with the Audeze LCD Rev 2? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 25
I’m thinking about getting the Hafler too. Any further impressions now that you’ve had some time with it? Any idea how it would pair with the Audeze LCD Rev 2? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
I am guessing there because I never heard the LCD Rev 2 but on my M1060 the Hafler has a slight warmth that I appreciate but has drive and the bass is the best I have heard from these cans. The vox switch is nice. Never thought I would use it but damn man it adds just a bit to the bass. I love the focus feature. I always come back to it.

For me it gets me singing along, but is still detailed. If you read the Amazon reviews I say they are spot on. Worth an audition.

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 25
Forgot to mention, that this amp puts meat on the bones. Its very 3d. Its a tube sound but doesn't hit you over the head with it....

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 25
Thanks for that Razor. I am one step closer to pulling the trigger.
Had some more time to enjoy this this weekend. I don't think I will ever buy another amp without the focus feature. Maybe I am the only one, but I like speakers better than cans because of the imaging. For my bias (vocals) its just way better with the focus option engaged. I know it makes it louder, but turning it off and adjust the vc, it still sounds better engaged. Like it shines a light on things.

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 25
Thanks again for your feedback DR. I put an offer in on a used one and will here back in the next couple of days. I'm only open to paying a certain amount because there is no way I can audition and a return is out of the question. I will let you know if my offer comes through and give you my impressions if I do get it. It sounds like you are having fun with the flexibility it offers. Do you have the newer model with the impedance dial?

Aug 12, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 25
Thanks again for your feedback DR. I put an offer in on a used one and will here back in the next couple of days. I'm only open to paying a certain amount because there is no way I can audition and a return is out of the question. I will let you know if my offer comes through and give you my impressions if I do get it. It sounds like you are having fun with the flexibility it offers. Do you have the newer model with the impedance dial?
Yep its the new one with the impedance dial, vox, and focus.

Hope you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back