GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Apr 12, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #8,761 of 8,828
The last thing left is dsd via upnp and then the equipment will be complete. Respect Wikaudio.
It's bad that a forum member is doing the work that should be done by the creators. This does not reflect well on the gustard company.
If you can't play DSD through upnp, how can you?

Do we have a Gustard representative on the forum? Maybe it's worth writing to the company asking them to delegate someone.
I have good news, the developers managed to implement DSD into the renderer. Now you have to wait one to two months until the Debian developer releases the update package. As soon as it appears, I will try to provide the updated firmware

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #8,763 of 8,828
I can confirm the R26 scales unbelievably well with better and better sources. I mean I’ve tried my best to eke out its potential with all sorts of tweaks over the last 18 months. This evening however has been an eye opener. Today my system’s sound unequivocally vaulted beyond the level of the R26’s superb internal streamer courtesy of a high end USB reclocker kindly loaned to me for a few weeks. It has had such an impact on my system’s sound it’s making me rethink my eventual upgrade path which I’d assumed would be a better DAC. The catch? It costs more than twice as much as the R26. More to come.

@m-i-c-k-e-y this might partly address your qn.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #8,764 of 8,828
Yep, that is what I driving at too...Rethinking my upgrade path -> USB.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #8,765 of 8,828
Yep I am that is what I driving at too...Rethinking my upgrade path -> USB.
I’m still getting my head around it all, but there’s just this intoxicating flow and richness and depth that is addictive.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #8,766 of 8,828
Coincidentally I just received my LHY UIP. It was out of stock from China as I ordered from Taobao so had to wait. Just plugged in couple hours. First impression was particularly the soundstage was bigger in every aspect especially the height. Everything appears to have more weight and a tad more forward. My R26 only has 100 hours and I can’t wait for burn in. I’ll report when i have more hours on both components.

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #8,767 of 8,828
I can confirm the R26 scales unbelievably well with better and better sources. I mean I’ve tried my best to eke out its potential with all sorts of tweaks over the last 18 months. This evening however has been an eye opener. Today my system’s sound unequivocally vaulted beyond the level of the R26’s superb internal streamer courtesy of a high end USB reclocker kindly loaned to me for a few weeks. It has had such an impact on my system’s sound it’s making me rethink my eventual upgrade path which I’d assumed would be a better DAC. The catch? It costs more than twice as much as the R26. More to come.

@m-i-c-k-e-y this might partly address your qn.
Innous PhoenixUSB?
Your at Holo May KTE prices there. Lol

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #8,768 of 8,828
Innous PhoenixUSB?
Your at Holo May KTE prices there. Lol
That's the one. I know, it's ridiculous but go big or go home right? You really should hear the R26 paired with it, hot damn. I read the Phoenix USB thread end-to-end last night and there's a few May owners with it - even the May with its fancy Titanis 2 USB isolation board gets a >20% improvement from the PhoenixUSB. Other DACs and servers that folk used it with, most at least twice as expensive as the R26, benefit even more. I'm not looking forward to the withdrawal symptoms when I have to give it back in a few weeks...

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #8,769 of 8,828
Have paired it with a DDC?

Apr 12, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #8,772 of 8,828
@Jake2 Ha ha ha you read my mind!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #8,774 of 8,828
I tried Qobuz a year or so back but I couldn't get past the then multiple gaps in its catalogue for certain artists in genres of music I like to ditch Tidal - it's all about the music after all. So I ran it alongside Tidal for a while till I couldn't justify the two subs (on top of Roon and all my other video streaming subs) any longer. Should give it another go see how their catalogue is now.
After a wile trying Tidal and Qobuz, I decided for Qobuz. They improved the servers and there are lots of true HD files to play!

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #8,775 of 8,828
After a wile trying Tidal and Qobuz, I decided for Qobuz. They improved the servers and there are lots of true HD files to play!
Cheers, yes I resigned again today to give it another go and did the album/playlist transfer thing from Tidal. Still a few albums and artists not yet on Qobiz - mainly local artists - but fewer than last time, like maybe <5% of my library, so I could live it I guess.. still annoying though. And yes I noticed there seemed to be quite a bit of HD content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back