Grado RS1 eats AD2000 for breakfast!
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #91 of 100
And what is more important. The love for the headphone or the love for a "simple" box??. Then you haven't enough love for it, and his qualities....
For me that price continue being a little overpriced, but it is better that pay much more in another sites (PriceJapan is the next least expensive, but expensive at end)....
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I returned my $500 AD2K to Musician's Friend because I'm not willing to spend $500 for a phone in a trashed box.

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #92 of 100
I have too many phones to give any of them that much love. And yes, I will not accept a trashed box for anything sold as new for $500 that weighs less than 2#! Or even 10#.

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #93 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Porcupine Tree with your RS-1
wink.gif

YES i lve porcupine tree, the ttransparency in "in absentia" is awesome on RS-1s

And every time i see a pic of the rs-1s i am mesmerized

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #94 of 100
I'm starting to experiment on different types of music an am finding that the RS 1s are much more versatile than just Rock. Even more Pop oriented music. IMHO

I agree that Porcupine Tree sounds excellent on the RS 1s. Try 3.1 off of Absentia.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #95 of 100
Agreed. They sound also very good with Jpop and Super Eurobeat [that Genre interested me to get in the past the AD2000, except for the lack of midbass and very open nature (which leaks alot of sound). But in the end, i don't get them, because of that things], and vocal trance. My Ultrasonyers sound slightly more forward in the mids, but also a little bit more natural that them, in that regard; in the higher ones (Upper mids).

Quote:
I'm starting to experiment on different types of music an am finding that the RS 1s are much more versatile than just Rock. Even more Pop oriented music. IMHO

I agree that Porcupine Tree sounds excellent on the RS 1s. Try 3.1 off of Absentia.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #96 of 100
I really like my AD2000s they are just more involving and musical than anything I've heard thus far. I'd really like to try the RS1s though.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #97 of 100

Quote:
I'm starting to experiment on different types of music an am finding that the RS 1s are much more versatile than just Rock. 

And an even more versatile RS-1 is the MS-Pro 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back